1

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

*Reading Key: (Note that, due to story progression, some of these reader-inserts might not be introduced until later)*

✸ (Y/n) = Your name

✸ (h/c) = hair color

✸ (e/c) = eye color

✸ (s/c) = skin color

✸ (f/c) = favorite color

✸ (H/n) = Horse name

Italics = someone's inner thoughts

✸    Italicized words center-aligned with or without "quotations" = regular narration, and/or someone speaking – both forms of writing are meant to narrate the past without ruining the immersion in certain instances throughout the story, however, there will be exceptions as you will soon find out.

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

Hello, dear readers! ^_^ Firstly, I will be making a lot of changes to the BotW game to make it my own unique story, because this is a fanfiction, after all. Please give my book an honest try at least before you make your final judgment! I promise it's going to be an absolute blast of an emotional journey that I would love to share with you all, should you stick around! <3 Anyway! Cheers, happy reading, and have fun trying to unravel the string of mysteries as this story unfolds! :D

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

     The boisterous rattling of numerous voices woke the young woman from her short slumber. Light shyly peeked through finely woven burgundy curtains draped aloft her large windows, glaring unto her lethargic figure. Startled from her unconscious slumber (Y/n) rapidly blinked, temporarily blinded, completely returning to the living world and heaving a listless sigh as she stretched her stiff limbs, groaning contently when she heard a quick succession of cracks.

The previous night's work thoroughly drained the girl to physical and mental exhaustion. Considering the massive amounts of important assignments faithfully entrusted to (Y/n) everyday for impeccable proficiency and precise correctness, staying awake far beyond acceptable standards into cold, gloomy hours of twilight tended to become a horrible, unbreakable habit. A methodical perfectionist at heart, (Y/n) slaved over retaining a flawless record. Twas somewhat unfortunate, really, especially when the prosperous town outside began bustling with activity so did (Y/n), her sharp, profound senses refusing to a seconds reprieve to doze whenever she pleased, making sleep an impossibility and an unreachable dream.

Even then, nothing constrained (Y/n) to the restrictions of her immaculate bed chamber located at the prestigious and opulent Hyrule Castle once a new day greeted the peaceful kingdom. Flitting her hollow eyes across the modestly embellished room, a torpid atmosphere engulfed the drowsy girl, resulting in (Y/n) also noticing the beautifully woven comforter she preferred using was discarded from her person in an unconscious spell of restlessness. Moderately cool sheets still encased her heated body, though. A nice welcome opposed to Hyrule's blasted wave of overbearing summer heat drowning its frazzled denizens in momentary misery. (Y/n), in her misplaced optimism, propped open multiple glass windows within her private space the evening beforehand, soundlessly hoping a pleasant wind would drift in as temperatures dropped relatively low moments after the blazing, golden sun disappeared for the night.