11

I had major difficulties finding a picture fitting this new character, but the design above is a pretty accurate depiction of him. Just imagine him with a rough scar slashed across his left eye, his irises are a darker shade of purple instead of that maroon, sharp Hylian ears, he has wavier hair, and his expression is much more malicious.

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

Kane was free of his façade, and (Y/n) struggled to keep her composure intact. The first thing she noticed was his nose wasn't broken like it should have been from her smashing her head against it. Curse him and his convenient magic. Other than that, Kane's appearance was youthful, seemingly a Hylian man entering young adulthood – something that set off warning bells in her head instantly. It was impossible for him to be that young. (Y/n) had seen his features once sometime in the distant past, but he looked exactly the same.

His ebony hair loosely curled against his cranium, brushing the top of his sharp eyebrows. Kane's bright, amethyst eyes were narrowed in on her disheveled person – the left slashed over by a rough scar that ran diagonal up to his hairline and down to his cheekbone – while a sneer contorted his devilishly handsome face. The bagginess of his dark cloak prevented (Y/n) from gauging his strength, but she bet anything by the gauntness and paleness of Kane's cheeks he still lacked physical strength. The man had always relied on his deadly magic to win against those superior to him in might.

Wasting no time, he jammed a key into the locked door, twisting his wrist until there was a 'click.' The man glided into her cell quiet as a breeze, and their gazes collided in a silent battle for dominance – the darkest pools of a violent, unforgiving hell against two menacing devils.

Neither spoke, everything that needed to be said passing between their heated glares alone.

Maintaining their eye-contact, one of his hands drew back the edge of his cloak, uncovering an ordinary black sheath with a not so ordinary blade resting inside. The familiar black grip encircled by a crossing pattern of indigo greeted her eyes as Kane brought the eerily impressive masterpiece out from the confines of his cloak.

The sword's cross-guard was carved to resemble a platinum pair of outstretched, pointed wings that glimmered under the firelight of the guards' torches. Lower down the hilt where the wings overlapped was an open space where a large, onyx stone lay snugly. Below that, the wings crossed over each other, converging into one design. Then, even farther down, the rest of the blade was covered by its sheath.

It was Kane who upset the silence, eyes roaming over the beauty of the sword.

"The sword capable of splitting asunder a soul's will, obliterating those who swear themselves indomitable with a single swipe. Said to be a holy gift from the gods and goddesses in reverence for their loved creation. Meant to bear the representation of both a heavenly light and a wicked darkness – for the one destined to wield such a mighty blade shall exhibit no favoritism to either side." The sorcerer stopped to look at (Y/n), hatred spilling from his eyes. "The Divine Sword, such an exquisite piece of craftsmanship. Too bad it lays in the hands of an incompetent fool."

(Y/n) knew he was referring to her, so in retaliation, she pointedly stared at Kane's hands that were clutching onto the black sheath. "Yes, I'd have to say I agree with you there. So, why not hand it over to the real owner?"

Anger was quick to contort his face, his eyebrows pulled together and his lips pursed in an attempt to control himself from spewing obscenities. "How I'd love nothing more than to smash that pretty face of yours in, but unfortunately, I've been told not to harm you."