20

(H/n) = Horse name

★⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰★

Concerned cerulean pools steadied their fluctuating selves upon wavering, snarling, and biting ember flames, the increasingly roaring fire doing little to warm the chilled atmosphere enswathing his huddled, sitting form. Hardly glancing toward Impa's humble abode, Link forcefully tore his uncertain gaze elsewhere, fully aware the emptiness of (Y/n)'s presence was not only substantially worrying, but also thoroughly justifiable.

Dusk had long since conquered the undisturbed dreaming world, the vanishing sun peacefully slumbering and bright moon lustrously awakening. Several sluggish hours restlessly passed from when Link witnessed an eerie change in (Y/n)'s whole stiffening demeanor within Impa's traditional house. (Y/n)'s strained smile down to her dismissive words claimed Link's jumbled thoughts. She momentarily ignored their awaiting company, distractedly relinquishing 600 rupees into his bewildered possession, a preoccupied tone emotionlessly carrying on her troubled voice for him to immediately leave, locate, and procure decent clothes to replace the threadbare garbs currently covering him – an obvious, yet silent, command that his attendance in the ensuing, clandestine meeting was definitely unwanted.

Somewhat feeling dejected and rejected, Link didn't bother uselessly arguing, compliantly completing (Y/n)'s questionable request. Now comfortably dressed in durable, unblemished Hylian gear, Link broodingly rested beneath a flamboyant, towering maple tree securely nestled uniformly before the vague focal point of a treasured miniature goddess statue enclosed by a small pond and a puny waterfall. Based upon the meticulous maintenance preserving the clean, unpolluted area, Link guessed it was a highly sacred landmark.

Yawning broadly, the young, confused youth could only imagine and patiently contemplate what their topic of conversation possibly revolved around. A piercing tension headache painfully developed the more Link mutely pondered this mystery. Although Link's darkening conscious gradually succumbed to the encouraging whims of sleep, he stubbornly refused to retire for the night at Kakariko's local, welcoming inn, pure sky-hued irises drowsily anticipating (Y/n)'s emergence from the private gathering – a muddled afterthought entering his scrambled string of hushed musings that sincerely hoped she remained safe and unharmed. . . Another subconscious part of Link grew rather agitated at the fashion in which this suspicious Kane individual pleasantly smiled at her a little too charmingly.

However, the next delirious moment Link's eyelids snapped ajar, blinking rapidly to ward off offending sunlight tortuously penetrating his contracting pupils. Lofty, merry-filled tweets of multiple joyous songbirds greeted Link, his watering eyes shifting upward to scan the beautiful wisteria infused heavens above, the early sunrise hours signifying renewal of a fresh, unburdened day. Sighing deeply and lethargically groaning, it took Link a few lengthy seconds to realize morning already arrived. Clumsily springing to an upright stand, Link's shuddering breaths absconding him in small alabaster puffs.

Slight crinkling of starch parchment turned Link's attention downward to a crumbled piece of paper tightly clutched in one fisted palm. Quickly unfolding the strange flimsy article, he noticed the elegant handwritten calligraphy addressed him specifically.

Link,
     Morning, sleepyhead. After seeing you tranquilly sleeping I couldn't bring myself to wake you. I'm sorry if you're wondering about my sudden disappearance, or where exactly I'm at. Find me on the outskirts of Kakariko, we need to talk. Simply trail the path opposite the one we originally walked through and you should easily spot me.