4

The Gerudo women were a group to be feared, a bit reckless, and hotheaded. From their towering height and to their ruthless training, picking a fight with any of them would be incredibly stupid.

But that's exactly what (Y/n) did. Not on purpose, mind you, but only out of a small mistake.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sand. It was everywhere and on everything, in crevices (Y/n) didn't even know existed. Nothing was left untouched.

The journey to Gerudo Desert was arduous, taking its toll on Zelda. The extreme temperature changes were nothing to scoff at, if someone wasn't properly prepared it could spell disaster. Despite this, both Zelda and (Y/n) made it safely and were welcomed into Gerudo Town, the guards barely scrutinizing their feminine appearance before letting them enter, pointing in the direction of the throne room. Although Zelda already knew the way.

After all, the princess of Hyrule was close acquaintances with the Gerudo Chief, and this was not her first time being in Gerudo Town.

The open space of the market smelled of a sweet musk, mostly produced by the many fruits and overbearing femininity. Though the Gerudo women prided themselves for their strength, they still indulged heavily when it came to their feminine side. Something (Y/n) was unaccustomed to. Being a guard, and for Princess Zelda no less, there was no free time for useless materialistic things.

On the other hand, there were small, polite greetings from the Gerudo who recognized Zelda. (Y/n) dutifully ignored the curious stares as she was not a common visitor and they had no idea who she was.

Maybe that's why everyone stared, or perhaps it was her clothing and silver hair? Each step and another pair of eyes would lock onto (Y/n). The attention was not uncommon. Those who lived in Hyrule Castle Town also had a staring problem when it came to (Y/n).

Oblivious to the stares (Y/n) was receiving, Zelda joyfully chattered on and on about Gerudo Town – the princess excited about another Divine Beast checked off their list.

Courteously walking behind Zelda up the stone stairs that led to the throne room, as a proper guard should do, (Y/n) allowed her hooded eyes to observe her surroundings. She was cautious of the unknown territory she found herself stepping into.

Two pools of sparkling water trickled out of spouts by the Chief's throne, and a finely spun carpet was rolled out that followed from the entrances and exits of the extravagant room. Two Gerudo women stood motionless in time, their stone features (quite literally) carved to appear menacing, swords held outward and in their hands in a guarding stance. Not easily intimidated, especially by lifeless statues, (Y/n) focused her eyes on the fierce chief.

Her red hair was pulled up into a ponytail, gold hoop earrings hung from both her ears, and the woman's face was painted beautifully with a bold makeup. Just like all the other Gerudo, her skin was darkly pigmented and she wore the traditional outfit of her people. The fancy throne the Gerudo woman sat upon was definitely fit for a queen, or in this case, Chief of the Gerudos. Embellished with the finest of jewels, it was no wonder why the Gerudo were considered a thriving tribe.

The Herione Urbosa greeted the pair with a wide grin as she left her seat, hugging Zelda as if she were her own daughter.

"Sav'aaq, Princess Zelda. How was your travels? Did you run into any trouble?"

Pleasantries were exchanged between Zelda and Urbosa for a few moments, and in that time, (Y/n) zoned out, delving into her restless mind.