5

The crystallized stone of Zora's Domain rippled and glistened underneath (Y/n)'s boot clad feet like the clearest spring water. It was one enormous structure, carved by gifted Zora stonemasons who worked laboriously thousands of years ago to help guide a new era of Zora into a prospering society.

Out of all the unique tribes inhabiting Hyrule, (Y/n) found the Zora's to be the most intellectual – not that she considered the others as unintelligent. Each tribe had their own defining qualities about them, but the Zora's trained theirs above and beyond average.

Their elegance and use of language as a fish species was intriguing. The smooth lunges and fluidity of their precise movements were great techniques in combat.

Though these moves were fearsome, ever the peace preferring tribe King Dorephan gladly welcomed Zelda and (Y/n) into his vibrant homeland. The Sheikah girl recognized the king as a whale shark, his gigantic stature towering over both Zelda and (Y/n). But his kind nature contradicted the hungry, killer sharks (Y/n) often saw in the ocean or read about in her books.

The Zora king hadn't been sitting on his throne, but had instead greeted Zelda and (Y/n) at the entrance to the domain. A short, red-scaled Zora stood beside the king who he introduced as his daughter, Mipha.

The afternoon rays of the sun bathed the Zora princess in an almost ethereal light. Mipha's red scales shimmered and her kind face smiled sweetly at Zelda and (Y/n) upon their arrival, pure joy sparkling in her citrine eyes. That spark further escalated when Zelda and King Dorephan shared a knowing look. When the king sighed with a reluctant nod, Zelda retrieved the all too familiar blue scarf from her pouch, presenting the cloth to Mipha.

"Mipha, princess of the Zoras." Zelda started, a welcoming smile on her face. "With your amendable skills as a fighter and impeccable healing, I present to you the scarf that will indicate your role as pilot of Divine Beast Vah Ruta and a Champion upon completion of you trials. Do you accept this position?"

"Yes, of course, it would be an honor. I cannot express how thankful I am for this opportunity, Princess Zelda." Mipha's smile grew ten times in radiance, completely beaming with pride as she immediately attached the scarf around her waist and over her shoulder.

King Dorephan laughed, a content look in his eyes as he adoringly stared at his daughter. "Why don't you go show Princess Zelda, and (Y/n), Vah Ruta? (Y/n) has extensive knowledge concerning the beast and knows how to get it up and running."

Soon after Mipha agreed with her father, a few more pleasantries were exchanged between the Zora king and Zelda. The ruler said his goodbyes and took off, claiming he had other business to attend to while murmuring something to Mipha about her being in good hands.

"Oh, and if Sidon is around please send him back to the Domain."

That's what led (Y/n) to be in the situation she was in now, following the Zora princess to the location of their final Divine Beast.

Moving around the space provided became extremely treacherous. Divine Beast Vah Ruta, for some odd reason, was shoved into a cliffside running parallel with Zora River. A natural stone ledge was the trios only path to Vah Ruta, (Y/n) helped Zelda maneuver around inconveniently placed rocks so the princess didn't slip over the edge accidentally.

Mipha, on the other hand, gracefully swung herself up and over anything in her way, cheerfully expressing just how excited she was to be a Champion. (Y/n) noticed the Zora princess stealing glances backward over her shoulder, making eye contact with the Sheikah girl on multiple occasions.