18

"Find you. . ."

Her unconscious mind jolted, the disconcerting echo of the disembodied voice whispering a broken sentence. There was no image of the person speaking to her, just a blank presence. Just a haunting ghost with neither a feminine or masculine timbre.

"I'll always find you."

In lieu, her treacherous mind succumbed to a forbidden route. An untrustworthy path which she carelessly tread numerous times in her head since awakening. Why did she lose her memories? Did something so unspeakably dismaying occur that wiped her brain of everything she was and had been?

"Forget me. . ."

Burning apprehension seared her gut, no, her conscience was bellowing madly at her to get off her lazy bum and fight for the freedom concerning her locked recollection of her enigmatic past. (Y/n) fervently dismissed the inclination, she wouldn't forget. She refused, but she knew, goddesses did she know, that wasn't her choice to make. (Y/n) had already regained little snippets of scenes valuable to her memory loss. She acknowledged the blatant fact she had a mother she killed in cold blood, a frail brother, and a spiteful father. All of whom were dead, but this voice, an unspecified hunch told her she could save them.

"Don't forget me."

Her hands were tied, but she wanted nothing more than to locate them, acknowledge their struggling voice. They sounded like the pain they carried drowned them, stealing the life from their breathless lungs. And her instincts screamed for her to help them despite the dangerous situation she could be stepping into.

"Remember, no matter what, I-"

Their voice faded, completely vanishing in the depths of oblivion. Heedlessly reckless, she desperately called out to them, yelling she wouldn't forget, but their last plea was distant, muffled, and cut off. (Y/n) fully understood well enough this crazy dream had shattered, becoming eerily cognizant to her heart rapidly thumping and frigid breaths coating her insides in a layer of frost. Snapping back to reality with a shuddering exhale, (Y/n) curled into herself feebly, indefensible to the scorching bite of dread cementing itself to her memory.

I need to find them, (Y/n) resolutely decided, dedication surging strongly in her heart. All in due time, though, as for right now, her emotions had to settle. Looking for a distraction to calm herself, (Y/n) focused on what encompassed her.

Chirping birds sang their harmonious carols, the shrill sound incredibly irritating this early. (Y/n)'s eyes flickered languidly, rich crimson irises eclipsing with sated appreciation, admiring the ambitiousness of nature and wandering the expanse of the surrounding wilderness as it enthusiastically sprang to life. Daybreak's subdued pigmented rays extended across healthy emerald foliage sprinkled with droplets of condensation, the cool water reflecting dazzling light as it splayed bountifully in every direction. Delighted woodland animals scampered unrestrictedly in their abundantly filled vegetative home, scavenging for shelter and food.

(Y/n) discovered herself to be hugging her combative metal staff for no plausible reason other than she enjoyed cuddling with anything her subconscious felt like senselessly grabbing onto. Somewhat amused, mood exponentially improving, (Y/n) felt a yawn bubbling at the back of her throat as she gradually awakened, the action was accompanied by her dragging her stiff torso upward, fingers lightly burrowing into stumpy blades of thick grass to steady herself. Chilled morning breezes harshly nipped at (Y/n)'s rosy cheeks, her usual smooth (s/c) skin flushed underneath the environments mild brutality.