13

Castle Town. The center of Hyrule's culture and commerce was bountiful in numerous trades, famed for its delicious foods and welcoming atmosphere. No other place or exchange post could hold a candle to the flourishing capital.

Finding that to be anything but the truth at the moment, Link hurriedly led a cloaked Zelda along the barren cobblestone streets of said town, breathing in the crisp air that surged through his system, flushing him in a powerful current of bundled tension, unraveling his frayed nerves. This dreaded feeling intensified, and he couldn't help but frown while his brows furrowed in immense concentration.

Link's jumbled thoughts roamed back to his and Zelda's successful spying mission on the conversation held between (Y/n) and the Royal Council. It had been a huge shock to see everything get out of control so quickly. Link remembered the Yiga flooding the room directly after (Y/n) lost consciousness while Impa was promptly knocked out.

Right then, still concealed in the compacted hidden passageway, both the chosen hero and the goddess' reincarnation immediately realized the situation (Y/n) walked into was abundantly more dangerous than they originally thought.

Narrowly escaping the patrolling guards and knights, Zelda had hauled Link through more concealed routes, observantly tracking where the Yiga stealthily took to the shadows, carrying (Y/n) and Impa until the enemy arrived at an intersection that extended toward Castle Town Prison where another member already brought an unconscious Purah. Why the three sisters weren't thrown into the castles dungeon was knowledge inaccessible to them, but Link and Zelda didn't have the time to question the enemies end objective.

Eventually, Zelda and Link backtracked, seeing the essential information needed to begin organizing a vague plan based off their observations. But amidst their departure, they ended up watching Hyrule's mindless knights prowl Castle Town, arresting any Sheikah they came across. The bewildered tribes men and women put up little resistance, ignorant of their impending doom.

It was utter bedlam. Neither wanted to leave (Y/n), or desert the Sheikah, but help was imperative for their rescue mission. In secret, Zelda wrote four letters addressed to each Champion, sending the dire messages off with the royal family's personal courier hawks. That job was usually completed by the flight savvy Rito, but that was not a viable option as all exits and entrances were blocked by patrolling knights. If a Rito was caught trying to leave by flight it would be suspicious. They would instantly be shot down by archers posted strategically atop the looming fortifications that defended everything, Hyrule Castle and Castle Town, behind their reinforced walls.

So that sleepless evening was spent restlessly waiting for replies in a covert alley, Link being the lookout while Zelda silently stewed about their predicament. Thankfully, the four hawks safely journeyed back to the princess in the span of five hours. Replies in hand, the two's combined ideas were strategically outlined to form the rest of their clever plan that involved the Champions.

That's where Link and Zelda were currently, enacting their foolproof operation, determined to set this misunderstanding straight.

Today was the day and time wasn't on their side. Approximately twenty-four hours had lapsed since (Y/n)'s imprisonment, and the chaos ensuing afterward was like something torn right out of a surreal nightmare. All because of one specific person. Chancellor Ven had been spreading lies about the Sheikah tribe, preaching to the citizens residing in Castle Town of their "unexpected" betrayal. It was sickening overhearing each statement coming from the man's mouth, the apparent grudge he had clearly noticeable.