CHAPTER 7: "We're just kids."

When the morning came around I shifted in the cot and stood up. Octavia walked into the tent and she looked troubled. Grabbing some stuff and leaving. I shrugged it off fairly quickly. I didn't know her well enough to be friends with her. Well I was but I hadn't really bonded with her. As I walked out of the camp I guess I just didn't want to be around anyone right now. Jumping down the pathway I ran until I got to a small river bank and knelt down to it and I splashed down water on her face letting a smile form on her lips. Looking around I took my clothes off all one by one stripped down to the bear way I was born. I'd never floated in water, I didn't even know how to swim. The sadness of it all was tragic.

As I walked into the water I shivered feeling intoxicated in euphoria as I sank down to when the water rested covering my shoulders and chest. Throwing my head back I felt at peace. The water cleansing my body. It just came to me that every other teenager down here would splash around but me? I enjoyed just sitting there, my eyes closed as I tried to feel calm. Tried to feel as if I actually belonged on the ground. I knew I probably wasn't. The natives didn't want us. They showed us the day Jasper was speared in the chest. Throwing my head to the side I heard something move behind me. Clenching my jaw I walked over to the water fall dipping my whole body under it letting the water fall inside of my mouth and I then walked out and laid on the rocks letting myself dry in the sun. I feel into a peaceful slumber. It was the best sleep I had gotten.

Falling asleep in the comfort of the sun on my skin, kissing it intimately, it made me think for a moment that I was able to survive by myself. I stood up after soaking up the droplets of water that had been left on me and I placed my clothes on. I heard something move again and I grabbed the closest thing to me. A rock. I was somewhat disappointed but what? Was I going to find a knife next to me? I scoffed at that as I stood up looking around. I then looked around paranoid and I turned around trying to run as fast as I could. I ran down the hill and tripped right in front of Octavia's limp body. I let out a loud scream throwing my body away from hers and I looked around in panic trying to pick her up.

"Octavia!" I called out trying to shake her awake but I couldn't. Night had fallen before I had made it to Octavia. I looked up seeing some flashing lights that looked like shooting stars. I wondered where they came from right before I was hit over the head by a grounder. It was silent. I wish I could have been stronger. Once I woke up with a pounding headache and I stirred awake. Octavia tried to run over to me.

"Bellatrix! Are you okay?" She asked quickly. I stirred trying to stand up but I fell down. My vision went fuzzy I could barely tell if I was awake or not. She helped me sit up and took my chained off.

"Where are we?" I asked her.

"A grounder took us, I think he's not trying to kill us. Look I'm going to find a way out and then I'm going to come back here with Bell and the others and we're going to save you okay?" She asked quickly and I threw my head to the side throwing up my guts. Octavia stroked my hair worriedly.

"Please don't leave." I almost begged her. Weak and helpless she looked at me with pity.

"I'll come back. I promise. I'm not leaving you. We're friends." She gave me a brave smile before running off trying to find a way out. I clutched my stomach and passed out falling down to the cold dirty ground passing out from loss of blood or concussion. I was lifted up waking me and I stared into the eyes of something beast like but I could see kindness in his eyes as he lifted a cup to my lips pouring down liquid. My raspy throat dampening at this point I didn't care if I was dying or not.

"Who are you?" I asked him slowly as I bent over throwing up and he held my hair back as I did it. But kept his mouth shut. I met his eyes again. I didn't know what to do. So I did what I thought I should do. "I'm Bellatrix. Thank you." I muttered and he dipped his head in turning away from me and pouring another liquid down my throat.

"Ai laik Lincoln." He muttered and I moved away from him giving him a soft smile before I felt a churning in my stomach and I threw my guts out and my vision went blurry as I passed out again. When I woke up again I was being picked up. I fell limp in the arms of someone strong. I'd never felt so dependent on anyone before. I hated how secure I felt in the persons arms. I looked seeing Bellamy was holding me close to him and he looked meeting my eyes stroking my hair.

"We found you, you're okay." He muttered kissing her forehead as I threw my arms around him letting tears fall down my eyes.

"Thank you." I whispered into his neck and my eyes met Jaspers before I passed out again. Once I woke up Octavia was lying down next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked me with a small smile.

"I've been a lot better if I'm being honest." I replied as I rolled over and I reached my hand out holding her hand tightly. She chuckled lightly.

"You've also looked a lot better. But we're survivors right?" Octavia asked sadly and I could feel my heart clench looking at her.

"We're only children Octavia. We're just kids." I shared feeling at loss with myself for the first time since I landed on the ground.

"It'll be okay Bellatrix." She muttered wrapping her arms around me and we soon fell asleep. I remained bed ridden for a few days. But as I did I was brought back to when I was in the water. I had heard someone. I knew I wasn't crazy. But crazy or not, we weren't grounders. We were from the sky. That was a problem in it's own. I thought as I fell asleep.