CHAPTER 26:"His heart will get many killed"

ENSIS POV:

Standing in the throne room next to Indra I frowned as she walked in with an irritated look on her face. She'd just spoken with Wanheda. I guess as much as Lexa was fond of Clarke, the feelings were not reciprocated. Not that I blamed Clarke. But we weren't that different to the Sky people. We'd kill whoever to protect our people. Surely she couldn't have been this deluded and innocent in a world like this. She's been here long enough to know the world we live in. My eyes scanned the throne room "Gyon op gon Heda," (Rise for the Commander) Titus called out and the ambassadors of the 12 clans rose as Lexa sat down. Everyone then went to bow. Huffing I crouched down next to Indra keeping my eyes on the Azgeda ambassador who refused to bow. I tried to not judge Azgeda harshly as I knew their training was inhumane and they were more ruthless than anyone. But there were good people. I had friends of Azgeda.

As Lexa looked at the Azgeda ambassador her face screamed 'bitch you don't want to try me' as he refused to bow. "Azgeda na spek yo daun gon yo Heda." (Azgeda will bow before your commander) Titus demanded to the defiant Azgeda Ambassador.

"Heda-de beda spek em daun gon Azgeda, you. Osir get in ha osir nou na fis ginteik gon osir baga" (The commander should bow before Azgeda. We know not to make treaties with our enemy.) He spat and I huffed in anticipation, the kind that left a lingering unsettlement in my stomach that I knew Lexa well enough to know she'd kill him.

"Heda nou spek em daun gon non nowe." (The commander bows before no one.) Titus bit back.

"Stand down Titus." Lexa called out making him back off.

"Sentaim em sembeda sleng kom baga." (She even prefers the enemies language) He called out trying to stir trouble. A lot of people though Lexa was a great commander. Azgeda only hated her because she wasn't Ice Nation.

"And you will use it too in honour of our guest this evening. Now sit, we have more important manners to discuss." Lexa ordered coldly meeting Azgeda's gaze. Everyone sat down but I stood from the crouching position that hurt my back.

"Yes we do, like for example, why is Wanheda still alive? If this is your weakness again Azgeda will happily step in." He offered sadistically.

"Is that why your army has moved so close to Polis? Because you believe your commander is weak?" Titus snarled which his obvious favouring of Lexa. Azgeda shook his head indifferently.

"No, those are just military exercises." He pointed out.

"Exercises? You crossed the boarders into Trikru land within striking distance of our beloved Capital." Indra snapped with distaste.

"Indra shof op." (Indra be quiet.) I grit through my teeth in a low voice making her narrow her eyes at me.

"That mistake was quickly rectified, please know." He covered it up. Everyone knew the intelligence of the Ice Queen well enough to know she hated Commanders. My eyes gazed over to Lexa who got off her chair and turned towards the balcony.

"The ice queen doesn't make mistakes, she makes threats." Titus called out.

"There is no need to discuss this again, please come join me." Lexa ushered Azgeda over to the Balcony. MY chest tightened at the pleasant tone her voice seemed right now. "I have a message for Queen Nia." Lexa informed Azgeda who had a smirk on his lips walking with her to the Balcony. As she stood there she lifted her foot and shoved it against the man's chest and as he was pushed off the balcony his screamed echoed throughout Polis until his body collided with the ground silencing him. I kept my eyes trained on the ground as my stomach stirred a sickness inside as I was reminded of darker times in my life. And I was then reminded of war and of my future. "Would anyone else like to question my decisions? Good, let's begin." She then sat on her chair and began the meeting. Violence, you'd think after a whole life time of it...I'd get used to it. But it never seemed to be my thing.