CHAPTER 29:"It's too easy to lose people"

ENSIS POV:

Opening my eyes had never seemed so peaceful. The warm body next to mine shifted and I smiled down at her. I smiled down to Bellatrix who was in my arms. Once we got back to Polis the other day, I didn't do anything other than kiss her. I knew I wanted to make sure she wouldn't be a weakness of mine. As I went to touch Bellatrix she jolted away startled but seemingly content once she met my gaze. "Good sleep?" I asked her and she just yawned and shook her head.

"Awful since I was sleeping next to you

"Awful since I was sleeping next to you." Bellatrix chuckled teasingly as she rolled over placing her hands softly on my face and I kissed her back wrapping my arms around her waist laughing. She then pulled away from me lying on her back. "Clarke should be back today." She shared with me.

"You should go talk to her." I suggested.

"And get involved in whatever drama is going on? No way." Bellatrix shook her head as someone knocked on the door and then entered.

"I heard you were in here from the guards." Clarke commented disapprovingly. Bellatrix huffed annoyed before leaning over and kissing me once more before climbing out of the bed and putting her shoes on and walking over to Clarke.

"What do you want?" She asked quickly. Clarke glanced at me pursing her lips.

"Pike is the new chancellor." Clarke informed Bellatrix and I watched her expression closely as her heart seemingly dropped. Turning back to me she gave me a quick kiss.

"I have to talk with Clarke alone." She informed me before turning and walking away with Clarke. I wondered who Pike was as I lied back down falling to sleep. The only thing I had to do today was rest and train.

BELLATRIX POV:

As Clarke and I walked down the halls I began to feel unsettled. I remembered Pike from the ark in space. I remembered him before we were sent to ground. Him trying to teach us. We thought we were just waiting to get floated. No one warned us. But Pike, I had no love for him. I never would. "Why is Pike the Chancellor?" I demanded to know stopping suddenly.

"Arkadia made a choice and they chose him to lead. Bellamy is following him." Clarke informed me and my mouth dried. "They killed 300 Trikru and have Lincoln and Kali imprisoned in Arkadia along with some sick grounders."

"We have to do something." I called out.

"I know but blood must not have blood." Clarke called out.

"Right I'll remember that when someone kills someone you love. Would you not want to kill them? Maybe you should stop being a hypocrite." I grit through my teeth. "Is there any way we can get through this without a war?" I asked Clarke.

"I don't think so. I was thinking we'd ask just for Pike's death." Clarke suggested. Glancing up at her I shook my head and shifted on my leg.

"There are those who follow him. We kill him, and anyone who follows him. Clarke honestly, I love Bellamy as well...but if he is going to continue down this path, he can't be allowed to live." I informed her and Clarke looked like she wanted to argue with me but I knew she couldn't think of a sentence.