CHAPTER 31: "Ge smak daun, gyon op nadotaim."

KALI POV:

We'd been in lock up for too long. Denai was getting worse. I walked away with Lincoln looking at Denai. "She's going to die at this rate." I muttered worried. Everything had been taken from us. We'd been stripped down to our core. Lincoln nodded looking at me.

"I know, but we'll get them out. We have to." Lincoln grumbled as we heard the lock door open. I turned around and saw Sinclair walking through with guards escorting them. We then walked over to him. "Locking their own up now?" Lincoln inquired bitterly.

"Skaikru keeps getting better." I sassed meeting Sinclair's gaze. "What got you in here?" I asked him folding my arms.

"Whatever it took. I got a message to you two from Kane. Get ready, tonight a go." Sinclair informed us before walking off. I met Lincoln's gaze.

"Guess we have a war to plan for." I commented folding my arms and Lincoln nodded.

"We need to gather the soldiers well enough to fight." Lincoln informed me.

"I'll see if I can do some make shift weapons. You gather our men and women. We need to get the sick out before anyone else." I ordered Lincoln who I knew agreed with me.

"I'll see what I can do. Ge smak daun, gyon op nadotaim." (Get knocked down, get back up.) Lincoln muttered to me which made me smile. It was our anthem when we were growing up. We'd always fought the good fight for the most part. But as I ripped a piece of scrap metal. I was brought back to my first kill. Pillage and burn. I pillaged and burned. I killed and I cried. I tried to remember the first time I took someone's life. I tried to remember watching them lay on the ground as I watched them take their last breath. I was taught by Lincoln's father. How to kill. I remember the sword in my hand. I gripped it so hard my knuckles had turned white. As the ripe red blood cascaded down my sword, my brown eyes trained on the man in front of me. He was wearing a suit. I'd been warned of the mountain men. As he lay here dying. He tried screaming for life. But I watched coldly trying to remember my teaching. I wasn't allowed to feel for the dying man. He was far from innocent. I remember wondering if it was raining. The liquid on my face cascaded down warmly.

I felt a warm hand shocking me out of my staring. My eyes glanced up meeting the kind brown eyes of Lincoln. Turning to me he threw his arms around my body encasing me in a warm embrace. I let the water that leaked from my eyes pool on his shirt as he stroked my silky brown hair. My first slay was the mountain man. All the possible questions relayed in my mind. Did he have a child? A loving wife? A family? What would they think? Even monsters had loved ones.

A while later I watched as Bellamy walked into the prison area. I looked to Lincoln nodding to him as I handed something to fight with. I was capable enough to kill without a weapon. "So the cowards only pick deals to save their own skin?" Lincoln sneered at Bellamy and Sinclair.

"Quiet." Bellamy demanded.

"Fuck off Bellamy." I bit back walking beside Lincoln and he hitched for a moment meeting my gaze before turning back to Sinclair trying his best to ignore me.

"Can't defeat the army at the gate so you turn on your own?" Lincoln bit again.

"I said be quiet." Bellamy demanded.

"I'm not the one that needs to be silenced." Lincoln shared coldly. I knew Lincoln meant every word of what he was saying even if this was just for play. "You'll tell them nothing. Kali." Lincoln nodded to me and I smirked intertwining my leg with Sinclair's forcing him to the ground. I then collided my fist with his face over and over again and then I picked him up and gripped his throat tightly looking to Bellamy with a blood thirsty grin. The door then opened and I threw Sinclair forward and out of the prison and then everyone rushed out I grabbed a gun from one of the passing guards and slipped it into my pants running out. The guards managed to push back and ran forward trying to attack us. I screamed and ran forward grabbing onto the cage as I jumped and then leapt forward throwing my legs around a mans neck, elbowing him in the head as hard as I could and it sent him to the around I got a knife from his holster in his hands and slashed his throat before turning to another one ducking out of the way and tripping them over slashing his neck and I then ran forward kicking one in the face and jumping kicking him to the ground and landing in a crouching position I then jumped down plunging the knife into his heart.

The alarm went off and I got my gun out helping Denai as I managed to sneak through security and placed her in the arms of Miller who nodded and I returned as quickly as I could and got the gun out shooting a man in the face as he was about to hurt Lincoln. Bellamy then ran forward and we was about to punch me but I kicked him in the legs making him fall. I then saw Lincoln being held down and electrocuted I shot one of the people in the head and then ran forward to him kicking him in the face and I nodded to Harper but I was grabbed by the throat and electrocuted myself. I screamed in pain thrashing around.

Once I got in Lincoln looked to me sitting down next to me and I nodded. "I got Denai out." I informed him in hushed tones as I watched Kane enter the room.

"Good, maybe now she will survive." Lincoln wished.

"She will, Denai is strong." I whispered leaning my head on Lincoln's shoulder.

"I know. We all are." He muttered as we leaned against the wall huddled in our own sacred space. He was my brother. I was glad that he wasn't dead. And I hoped we made it out. For him. He deserved to be happy. Lincoln was a good man. Much better than I could ever hope to be.