Chapter 49:"end of the world puts things into perspective."

Bellatrix POV:

I stood in front of Rigel ducking under his hit and as I was about to attack Jasper walked up with a drunken sway. "Now why are you two fighting? We're lovers not fighters Bellatrixxy." Jasper cheered pushing a cup into my hand making me laugh shaking my head as I knocked it back.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Jassy, but I guess we could take a break, continue later right Rigel?" I asked him with a sly smile making him laugh taking a cup from Jasper.

"I believe in living in the moment and this moment, it's all about fun while we're still alive

"I believe in living in the moment and this moment, it's all about fun while we're still alive." Rigel cheered with me as lightning flashes in the distance. Drops of rain fell slowly onto us and I jumped hissing as I felt the rain contaminate my skin while Rigel only laughed loudly.

"Shit" I cursed and saw Jasper laughing

"Shit" I cursed and saw Jasper laughing. "We have too much living to do Jasper. We still have a party to plan." I called out laughing as I pushed him inside before he could react only howling with laugher as we ran. I turned once I was inside watching Rigel chuckle walking in slowly and he was the last one inside. I stripped out of my clothes washing myself off. Once I finished I saw Rigel standing with Kane and Bellamy and followed walking up to him.

"Kane someone's outside." Bellamy called out but I watched as Rigel grabbed Bellamy shoving him back inside.

"No, I'll go, it's not like the rain will kill me." Rigel demanded rushing out before Bellamy could picking up the man and carrying him inside. I watched confused as Rigel saved someone's life. I didn't think he cared about anyone's life besides his own. He acted as if he was invincible but I knew he wasn't. Kane walked up to Rigel giving him a small smile.

"You are a good man Rigel." Kane nodded to him and as he went to talk to me I turned away quickly picking up my clothes to de-contaminate them. I sat with Rigel in our underwear I leaned against him tiredly.

"Why did you save him?" I asked softly.

"I don't really want to become Heda any time soon, but that doesn't mean I can't try and be a good person. You are teaching me to be a warrior but all the lessons you are giving me, they don't only teach me to be a fighter but also to know when it is right to kill and when it isn't. I'd be more than happy to kill them all, I hate your people, but I like you." Rigel confessed with a deep sigh.