CHAPTER 30:"I will lead in memory of you"

BELLATRIX POV:

"We gather here on this ascension day to honour the commanders that came before me. Those who live on in me as I will live on in one of you." Lexa said looking to the night bloods lined up holding a candle. Suddenly someone burst through the doors on this holy day and my eyes landed on Octavia being dragged in amidst them and I looked over to Clarke who was thinking the same thing as me.

"Fleimkepa don swega klin bilaik osir na ge sen in!" (The Flamekeeper promised we would be heard!) A grounder man shouted.

"Titus what is this?" Lexa demanded to know looking over to Titus. The man bowed before Lexa as others followed behind him.

"Wigod ai op hashta min klin ona disha presh sintaim Heda." (Forgive me for intruding on this holy day, Heda.) He held his hands up pleadingly as I moved over to where Clarke was.

"Please tell me you have a plan to get her back." I demanded looking at Octavia tied up who looked over at us angrily.

"I'm thinking of one right now." Clarke bit back.

"Ai laik Semet kom Trikru– Wocha kom Rendon– en ai kom op hashta raitnes." (I am Semet kom Trikru– chieftain of Rendon– and I come seeking justice) He introduced himself and exclaimed outraged. I wondered to myself what Skaikru had done again.

"Gouva yu klin. Chomouda yu don sis op Octavia kom Skaikru gon honon?" (Explain yourself. Why do you hold Octavia kom Skaikru prisoner?) Lexa asked calmly. I was always surprised by how professionally she handled everything but then I thought to myself, she was trained for this.

"Em laik honon kom wor, Heda, don ge lid hir na sin in kripon-de kom omon kru." (She is a prisoner of war, Heda, brought here to bear witness to the crimes of her people) Semet exclaimed gesturing to Octavia. I inwardly groaned as Clarke rushed over to him. She just couldn't help herself.

"What crimes?" She demanded to know. "What happened?"

"Skaikru attacked their village. Because their warriors were lost when your people massacred the army we had sent to protect you, their village was defenceless." Titus explained to Clarke. Turning away from the ground I tried to regain my composure. Skaikru had crossed the line. As much as I wanted to defend them, I knew it would fall upon deaf ears. I wouldn't even believe me, if I heard my defence.

"Beja, Heda. Ai beja yu daun. Goch osir klin." (Please, Heda. I beg you. Avenge us.) Semet begged with desperation in his eyes and everyone then began chanting blood must have blood. I walked forward next to Clarke.

"Maybe you didn't hear, since you are off pretending you are important but blood must not have blood. That is the new way. Deal with it. No one gets their revenge." I hollered over to Semet looking to Octavia who had narrowed her eyes at me.

"Yu na spek daun ona disha wogeda!" (You will show respect in this chamber!" Titus shouted. Lexa frowned storming out of the room walking away with Clarke and Titus. I walked up to Octavia freeing her. Once she was free I gave her a quick hug.

"Glad to see you are still pissing people off everywhere." I lightly joked narrowing my eyes at Semet. Octavia just frowned at me.

"Are you going to come back to Arkadia and help us get rid of Pike?" Octavia asked me quickly. I held my breath for a moment knowing my answer would disappoint her. I couldn't just do that. She noticed my hesitation and glared at me. "Well if Pike kills Kali I know who to blame." She snarled.

"Why? Because I would have made such a difference? If you can't change Bellamy's mind no one can. And Bellamy is the only one who can change Pike's mind. I wouldn't have been able to do anything either way." I tried to point out as Lexa walked back in and we all glanced at her.