CHAPTER 28:"Fight and you will be greeted by death."

KALI POV:

Standing with Lincoln my face fell when I saw Bellamy and Pike walk in with their group. I'd heard Pike was elected Chancellor. You did not pick the leader that preyed on insecurities. Skaikru in my opinion was a foolish clan. But as I watched them march in with their guns and either victorious or solemn looks on their faces I feared the worse for Trikru. I glanced up at Lincoln momentarily. "Everybody listen up!" Pike hollered standing above his people. "Twenty four hours ago you elected me your chancellor, every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal, the creation of a safe, prospers and self-sustaining Arkadia. This morning on a muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the grounders, this land is ours now! Resist and you will be met by force! Fight and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning, mark it down, and remember it. Just like the grounders will remember it," He shouted and I watched in disgust as everyone cheered him on. Bellamy included.

It was hard to think once I had admired him for being brave and protecting his people, for believing there was good in everyone. But it seems I was most wrong about him. Glancing up at Lincoln he looked defeated but I could see he was trying to come up with a way to remove Pike. "Yu laik rasad, disha Skaikru ste noseim. Sef mou bilaik Maunon kom oso." (You are right, these sky people are different. Except they are more like the mountain men than we are.) I spat with resentment and Octavia looked to me shocked as Lincoln looked away ashamed.

I turned away from him with anger and stormed off to the medical bay and sat next to Nyko with the sick

I turned away from him with anger and stormed off to the medical bay and sat next to Nyko with the sick. "It is okay my daughter," Nyko tried.

"You may be a healer father, but I am a killer. I don't seek peace, I seek justice. He killed three hundred of our people father. What happens when he decides to kill us next?" I demanded looking at him in the eye.

"Killing is not the answer." Nyko bit back in a hushed tone.

"You're wrong." I bit back in a low tone getting up and storming out of the room. As I walked down the hall I saw Bellamy walking up to me.

"Kali." Bellamy tried but I shoved into him walking past him and I walked to where Abby was.

"Denai needs your help. She's getting worse." I informed Abby who nodded.

"I'll get over there how. But how are you Kali?" Abby asked touching my shoulders. I moved back as if her touch was posin. But I didn't mean to. I'd never had someone touch me so tenderly that wasn't in an intimate way.

"I'm sorry." I apologised quickly.

"No it's okay. I understand, you need boundaries." Abby shared dipping her head in.

"No, my mother, she died when I was a child. I just never got used to having a mother. But I am good. I am worried about my people." I shared with her looking around.