CHAPTER 33:"You don't turn your back on your people"

KALI POV:

We'd had the whole walk home to try and figure out how we were feeling. I couldn't keep my mind off of Lincoln. How something- someone had been so important in my life, and just like that, he was gone. All because he wanted to save his people. As we all walked into the cave my eyes landed on Bellamy. "Where's Lincoln?" Bellamy demanded to know. I could hear the worry in his voice. That worry, if he was so damn worried, why didn't he help earlier? Because he's such a damn puppy? I threw my weapons down and reached for the band on my wrist throwing my hair up into a pony tail. As I leaned against the wall of the cave I dazed off. Trying to think of any reason to keep going with this cause. I wanted vengeance, but not at the cost of who I was. Lincoln wouldn't have wanted that for me. He believed I was good. He believed there was good in everyone. I couldn't disappoint him like that.

"Pike put a bullet in his brain." Octavia spat not bothering to cast a glance over at her brother as she took her jacket off.

"O! O I am so sorry." Bellamy cried out I watched as Octavia screamed crashing her fist against Bellamy's cheek. She then punched him twice again crying out.

"Octavia" Kane tried.

"Kane, stay out of it." Bellamy called out. I glanced him over. I knew that face, it was the face of someone that hated himself. He hated himself and he believed more than anyone he deserved to get beaten up. That he deserved everything bad that ever happened to him. As I turned away from Octavia beating up Bellamy, I walked outside, I instantly felt sorry for Bellamy, even if he had helped in the death of Lincoln. Crouching down on the forest floor I heard the screams of Octavia and her fist meeting Bellamy echoing, dancing off the rocky walls of the cave. I ran my hand over my head clutching at my hair. I grit my teeth together and scrunched my face up as I tried to push past the pain.

If I ever got knocked down, I had to get back up. Lincoln's father used to say that to us. A warrior never let himself get knocked down until his last breath. If we could walk, we could fight. If someone we love died, we could still fight for our people. I couldn't let myself be mad at Bellamy. If I let myself be mad at him then I would never come back from that anger. Last time I grieved, I'd left an army sized body count in my wake. I'd done bad things, all of which I regretted but that grief taught me a lesson. Grief was dark, and it usually brought out the worst in people, and if you let yourself become consumed by it, you won't ever come back. And I didn't. Not for the longest time. And even then, after that grief I became a demon to everyone. As I walked back inside of the cave I saw them all sitting around a fire.

"The grounders you really think they are going to play by the rules?" Bryan asked as I walked in and sat next to Octavia with a scowl.

"You want to ask that question again?" I snarled at him

"You want to ask that question again?" I snarled at him. I'd dealt with weeks of being imprisoned hearing insults by numerus people from the guard on the ark. In there I was powerless but out here, I was strong, strong enough to talk like this to a member of the guard. Bryan looked at me slightly terrified. "They want Pike; they will lift the blockade if you do. The orders to the Commander is definite," I informed everyone.