CHAPTER 37: "you made her in your image whether you like it or not"

KALI POV:

"Where is Lincoln?" Luna asked looking at us.

"He's dead." I informed her and she set her eyes on me nodding.

"Lincoln said you would help us." Clarke exclaimed.

"Did he?" Luna asked bitterly.

"Luna, you are the one of the last of your kind, the second last Night blood." Clarke exclaimed as if it was something glorious. You should never wish to become commander. It is a job that will bring pain.

"Who is the other?" Luna asked.

"Ensis." I replied making Luna nod.

"So Lexa is dead as well?" Luna scoffed with a slight smile.

"We believe the spirit has chosen you to become the next commander." Clarke informed her but I knew she wouldn't agree. "Titus intrusted me with the flame to give to you."

"Then he should have told you I left my Conclave swearing to never kill again." Luna pointed out.

"You don't have to kill. TO lead is your birthright. How you lead is your choice." Clarke shared but too bad she wasn't convincing us. She may know our customs but she would never understand why they were there. Clarke then walked forward showing Luna the flame. "This is the flame. It holds the spirits of the commanders. Of Lexa. Will you take it and become the next commander?" Luna took a moment pausing keeping her eyes on the flame before closing Clarkes hand and saying no and walking out of the metal box. I followed and chuckled as the Sky people looked around in awe at the ocean surrounding us. I followed Luna to where she resided.

"I get you don't want to take the flame but what about the children of the world? They are in danger." I pointed out with a frown.

"And it is not my burden

"And it is not my burden. I am not killing, no matter the cause," Luna pointed out. "I am not you."

"I am trying to change." I informed her.

"And I would believe you, if I didn't know Lincoln was dead." Luna bitterly commented turning away from me and walking away. I nodded my head running my tongue over my teeth and walking away from her.

ENSIS POV:

Halcyon and I were running across the forest and he pulled me down behind a log and we hid. I turned to him with wide eyes. "A man came to our hut asking for you Ensis. I think they wanted to kill you. Come on." Halcyon peeked up and pulled me with him running and he then tripped falling down a hill I ran after him and grabbed him before he could fall off the cliff. I then heard yelling in the distance and I got my sword out as men ran up to us we stood back to back.

"Remember our training Ensis, you are strong." Halcyon encouraged me and I then ran towards the man kicking him in the chest and making him stumble and as another ran behind me I jammed my sword into his chest and pulled it out of him swinging it over slicing the throat of the man I had kicked. I was then tackled to the ground and I shoved the person off and grabbed the hatchet from the persons belt and swung it down on his head breaking his skull and I breathed heavily looking up at Halcyon who was bleeding.