CHAPTER 12: "It's the sacrifices we make that makes us great"

Once I did my rounds I ran back into the camp walls I then turned to Miller nodding to him. "It's clear." I informed him with a worriedly and he nodded understandingly.

"See you when we make it out alive." He smiled sadly at me kissing my forehead. I nodded waiting for everyone to leave and I felt my heart clench knowing Murphy had hurt Raven this bad. Once everyone but Bellamy and Clarke left I followed looking around the forest. Death was following us. And it would consume. It always did. As we trudged through the forest everyone kept their eyes out. Once we came to a stop I ran forward seeing why. I stood next to Octavia but the man I stood next to fell to the ground dead. Octavia and I made eye contact as everyone panicked rushing back to the camp. I followed running through the gate and I stood next to Miller.

"So much for our great escape." I shrugged with a small frown looking over the fence.

"We're at war. What did you expect?" Miller retorted as I gripped the cold metal of the gun in my hand. I ran through the hole in the ground with Miller and we ran through the forest together. Octavia walked up next to me.

"All fox holes, keep your eyes and ears open, inflict casualties, as many as possible, we can hold them off long enough to make them turn back, that's the plan." Bellamy called through the radio and I turned to Octavia with a worried smile.

"Don't be afraid." Was all Octavia could say and I let a smile form on my face.

"Don't get cocky Blake, we haven't even begun yet." I pointed out holding my gun tightly. I watched as Octavia left and I ran away moving to another fox hole and began shooting at them. I'd hit two of the grounders before I grabbed Sterling. "Look after everyone okay? I'll be back." I went to go and leave the fox hole but Sterling grabbed me.

"You'll die down there." Sterling pointed out.

"It's the sacrifices we make that makes us great Sterling." I shared with a sad laugh turning to the tree and I began climbing up it. I wasn't good at climbing and I'd probably fall to my death but once I got high enough I then looked through my gun and went to shoot hitting someone in the head. I heard a familiar scream in the distance and peeked over jumping across a few trees. I watched as Murphy was stabbed in the leg and I paused and my mouth dried. I hid behind the stump hoping no one would hear me. I pulled the radio up. "They are attacking Bellamy. Get ready. Miller, be safe." I whispered through the radio and I jumped falling to the ground. I muffled my scream rolling around and holding my leg.

I rolled up and I was grabbed thrown up. I saw Lincoln and a grin formed on my face as I threw my arms around him letting a small splatter of tears fall. "Are you okay?" Lincoln asked quickly and I dipped my head in.

"I'll be fine. What can I do to help?" I asked him and Lincoln smiled.

"Fine me a horse, if you run into anyone, kill them." He said handing me an axe and I took it in my hands nodding and running off. As I took off I felt someone grab onto my leg throwing me to the ground. I grunted as I was dragged back and I threw my took landing a kick in the face and I saw a tall man I got my gun about to shoot but I was kicked in the face I swung my axe down hitting the foot of him and then I sliced his throat open. I turned away from the man bleeding out and closed my eyes tightly throwing the contents of my stomach. I scrambled up as I approached a village and walked to the outskirts grabbing a horse and running back with the horse on a leash. As I approached the camp I saw a large group fighting and I paused for a long moment still feeling sick from the blood on my hands. As I waited Lincoln and Octavia charged up to me and Lincoln placed Octavia on the horse.

"Trix, what are you doing?" Octavia demanded to know.

"I'm helping. Make sure she's safe." I begged.

"Why aren't you coming?" Octavia asked.

"I can't let them die. It's a sacrifice I will make." I informed them passing the leash to Lincoln and running in the direction of camp and I got the grenade and threw it at a group I got my dagger plunging it into the heart of a man who had pushed me over the head. I watched as Miller looked to me.

"RUN!" He called out. I turned away as the door was lifted up and I was grabbed by the hair thrown back. Grunting I tripped him over but was kicked in the face. Fin shot the man and picked me up.

"We need to get out of here now." Fin called out and I nodded getting up and running away as quickly as I could. I made it just outside the fence when the explosion hit. The hot flames locked burning my back, burning my clothes. My whole body was thrown forward and clashed against a tree I rolled onto the ground barely awake. I crawled along the ground trying to get far enough away. I got to a secluded area before I had fallen, limp, the last thing I saw before I was taken by the darkness was an explosion in the sky. Feeling the pain coursing through my whole body I couldn't move and then I was consumed by the nothingness. I was asleep.