CHAPTER 27: "those who seek war"

ENSIS POV:

I held Queen Nia's arm tightly as I walked down the halls to her impending doom. She narrowed her eyes at me with a stern face. I knew she wanted to kill me. "Ai slash klin yu." (I should kill you.) Nia spat as we made it to the doors.

"Din yu na frag em op Heda?" (Wouldn't you rather kill Commander?) I snarled shoving her through the doors. I turned and my eyes landed on Bellatrix surprised she was here. I shrugged it off keeping my eyes straight ahead as I shoved Nia to her feet.

"Ambassadors of the coalition today we honour our confident, a clan that stands against one of us, stands against all of us." Lexa called out to everyone as she and Nia stared each other down for the longest time.

"Queen Nia of Azgeda has confessed to the destruction of mount weather." Titus called out and I saw a smirk creeping onto Nia's face. This woman had always terrified me. "It resulted in the death of 48 members of Skaikru. Wanheda." I turned and watched as Clarke looked over at Bellatrix who nodded the two keeping their faces passive.

"Azgeda nou badan disha gada op nowe." (Azgeda does not answer to this girl.) Nia spat with digust when having to address a member of Skaikru.

"Mebi yu beda gon. Fleim au graun." (Maybe you should worthless dirt.) I heard Bellatrix scowl as her cold eyes landed on Nia who actually turned to her more in a challenging way then an acknowledgement.

"Shof op." (Silence.) Lexa called out looking to Bellatrix patiently.

"The punishment for your crime is death." Titus informed Nia and I turned to Roan seeing he looked a little too pleased about this news. "Do you have anything to say in your defence?"

"I need no defence, she does, today is judgement day, I call for a vote of no confidence," Nia called out with a pleased smirk. I looked around to see the many people looking more in shock than anything else. I looked to Titis nodding and grabbing Nia roughly and picking her up.

"Slou yu rou daun" (Not so fast." One of the ambassadors called out and I turned looking at him then my eyes met Nia's. "Nou Heda Noumou." (Commander no longer.) He called out and I gripped Nia's arm tighter and she winced looking over at me.

"Do you want war?" I demanded to know and she just smirked at me leaning closer.

"It won't be much of a war if I win." Nia drawled out turning to Lexa. Three more people called out Commander no longer and Titus called for them to be taken away.

"Hod op" (Wait) Lexa called out. I paused looking to Lexa stunned. She must have been feeling a bit too brave today. Everyone then stood up calling out Heda no longer.

"Commander what is this?" Clarke demanded to know.

"This is a coup." Lexa shared.

"This is the law, her law, a unanimous vote of the ambassadors or death is the only thing that can remove a commander from power." Nia called out.

"It's not unanimous." Bellatrix called out.

"We don't recognise the legitimacy of Skaikru." Nia spat.

"You should, they took the brand. They are the 13th Clan Azplana." I grit through my teeth roughly tugging her back into my grip.

"All these coup plotters will suffer all the same fate as you will." Titus called out.

"She won't take our heads because she knows our armies will retaliate." Nia pointed out. "None of us here wants war."

"I guess you aren't including yourself then Nia. Because your actions are grounds for war. And you may just yet get yours." I called out making her smirk up at me.