CHAPTER 11: "All we do is hurt people"

Over the few days I'd been bed ridden. I'd lost a fatal amount of blood constantly going into an unconscious state and going into shock. A transfusion wasn't going to keep me alive so they hoped I wouldn't die. They kept me inside Bellamy's tent as I was considered too great a risk and they couldn't let another person die. We still had a war with the grounders to fight. On the night I was finally let out of the tent to keep watch I was sitting with Octavia. Everyone was on edge with the grounder army about to approach. Monty was AWAL and I was just hungry. As my stomach growled furiously Octavia's gaze snapped to me.

"Seriously?" She inquired raising an eyebrow making me roll my eyes.

"It's not a radio; I can't turn it on and off Octavia." I bit back with a huff.

"Is that your best excuse?" Octavia teasingly inquired.

"You can't tell me you aren't hungry as well!" I exclaimed.

"I know...but I just don't have your metabolism." Octavia pointed out with a small chuckle. I just rolled my eyes.

"You might, but I bled out so..."I trailed off with a teasing grin making Octavia roll her eyes.

"Think we'll die?" Octavia asked changing the subject. I wished she hadn't. I'd been trying to get my mind of this whole ordeal but as I let a huff escape my lips my eyes trained on outside the fence.

"I hope we don't. I don't believe we survived getting sent down here just to die without proving we belong down here." I shared my opinion.

"Lincoln's gone." Octavia shared playing with her hands that I reached over grabbing.

"If he's the one, you'll find each other. But if we do die, you don't have to worry about that." I huffed stretching my body around hearing my back crack before I leaned against a post. Octavia looked away nodding. I knew this wasn't something she really wanted to talk about. But it had to be said. Earth would tear us down; it was our choice how we rebuilt ourselves. I kept my eyes on the trees. "Look...if we die or not...I just wanted you to know you are my friend. We'll fight together." I whispered and she looked at me for a moment of surprise but then smiled.

"Thanks Trix." Octavia thanked me but we then turned to Bellamy who was more on edge than we'd ever seen him.

"Hey what the hells the matter with you?" Bellamy demanded storming up to Sterling furious as the guy had just fallen asleep and shot off his gun with the limited ammo we had.

"I'm sorry man, I fell asleep, and I've been on watch all day." Sterling stumbled over his words as Bellamy shoved him back. Octavia and I exchanged glances before sitting up straighter.

"We've all been on watch all day, that bullet was one less dead grounder," Bellamy furiously yelled at him.

"Bell you're scaring people" Octavia pointed out.

"They should be scared; the bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare but that time is up. The grounders are out there right now waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do. Clarke, Fin and Monty are gone, probably dead and if you want to be next I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp...is the only thing keeping us alive! Get back to work" Bellamy yelled having a complete mental breakdown and storming off. Octavia and I exchanged glances. Worried ones.

"I'll go talk to him." I informed her jumping down off the stand and running after him. Once I caught up with him I couldn't help but think, Octavia should be having this talk with him, and so should have Octavia. Not me. I barely ever talked with Bellamy. Once I was standing next to him. "Bellamy, we're doing the best we can." I tried watching him closely as he shook his head furiously.