Chapter 54:"I can survive on the ground."

ENSIS POV:

I walked down the stairs to see Raven and Rigel talking casually as Raven's eyes didn't move from the screen which showed the radiation levels. "Just hang in there, we're sending a team to get you today." Abby informed her over the radio.

"You're sure about this?" Raven asked nervously.

"Yes, we need you and not just for the hundreds of things we know you can fix. But for the thousands we haven't even thought of yet." Abby shared kindly over the radio making me smile slightly.

"Rigel," I nodded to him.

"That is my name; I would say do not wear it out but how could you?" He asked with a cocky grin that made me roll my eyes. I was stuck with him alone for five years. As much as I knew I would have to train him to take my position as Heda I also knew I would get sick of his attitude really quickly.

"Thank you Abby" Raven drew in a shaky breath

"I'm just glad you're alright." Abby shared through the radio.

"My brain is healing the seizures have stopped. When I get there we can use the same procedure on you." Raven informed Abby with a brilliant smile. "You'll be cured."

"We can talk about that when you get here." Abby informed Raven and then hung up. Raven turned to Ensis with a small smile.

"You know your friend here kind of wants to learn about all about engineering." Raven pointed out and my eyes turned to Rigel who rubbed his neck.

"Going soft huh?" I teased him.

"Skaikru is still the enemy, but some are not so bad

"Skaikru is still the enemy, but some are not so bad." Rigel shrugged his eyes landing on Raven with an appreciative smile.

"Don't get used to her company, she'll be underground for five years while we train, grooming you to become Heda." I informed him with a wide grin but Rigel only pouted.

"Five years spent with someone who is as far from my type as I could possibly get." Rigel complained.

"And what is your type?" Raven asked with a small chuckle.