Chapter 4

Friday had finally rolled around and Krista had been after Ivy to try out the nightclub that had been listed in her Welcome binder. She had to admit it did sound like fun, going out, and she did have new clothes so why not?

Ivy hadn't said anything to Krista yet but there was something that she found bone chilling about the name of the club. Club Deviant. She had all kinds of images running through her mind and when they looked the club up on the internet it looked like a normal place to drink, dance, and let loose. But was it really?

Krista dug through Ivy's closet trying to help her choose an outfit for the club and they had narrowed it down to two; stonewashed skinny jeans with a red satin blouse and black heels or a little black dress that showed a tad bit of cleavage and black heels.

Ivy tried on the first outfit and when she emerged from her bathroom Krista giggled and clapped furiously at how hot her friend looked.

"Holy cow, Bells you look smoldering! Now the black dress please and if you look half as good in that as you do in this then it's going to be hard to choose!" Ivy rolled her eyes as she retreated to the bathroom to try on the dress.

She stopped for a moment and let her fingers trace the light scars that looked like a road map across her belly and then her eyes dropped to her thighs. She had a few there as well and the memories that she had tried so hard to repress came surging through and she was powerless to stop them.

She hadn't heard Krista knocking on the door but when she looked up her friend was standing behind her, tears glistening in her eyes as well.

"Ivy they don't define you girl. They don't make you any less of a human being; if anything they are a testament to what you endured. You are strong and you are fierce! There's nothing or person that can take that away from you Bells."

Ivy turned to her friend and just this once she allowed herself to exercise the demons that constantly tried to play with her mind. They wouldn't win, she couldn't let them. Not this time, not ever again.

She hated how puffy and red her eyes looked now but Krista reassured her that they would clear up before it was time to head out and no one would be the wiser.

"I wanna see you in the black dress again" Krista said, effectively changing the subject and getting Ivy back on track.

Smiling through what was left of the tears, Ivy pulled the black dress on and was amazed at how well it fit and how flawless it made her figure look.

Krista motioned with her finger for Ivy to turn so she could get the full effect of the little black dress. "I want to know what YOU think Bells, which do you like better?"

Ivy was picturing in her mind what she looked like in the first outfit, and then she looked at herself in the mirror again and knew exactly what she wanted to wear. She didn't need to give it another thought.

"I really love the jeans K, I love how they make me look, and I definitely love how they make me feel. The red blouse just gives it that little extra hot and I think it would be perfect for a club setting. I can wear the dress next time. I want the jeans!" Ivy said excitedly.

Krista clapped her hands. "Great choice Bestie! I know just what to do with your makeup and hair. While I'm doing that I want you to pay attention that way you can do it by yourself and look amazing for work or going out."

She told Ivy she would keep the jean theme going and chose her black skinny jeans with an off-the-shoulder red blouse and her black heels. Krista could wear a flour sack and she'd still have every man in the room killing each other for her attention.