Chapter 9

Here you go my loves!  The heat is increasing and so is the  plot!   Make sure to  leave your  votes and comments!  Love y'all!

Ivy rubbed her tired eyes as she continued pouring over the notes she'd taken during the meeting with her team. A soft rapping on the door made her look up to find a sympathetic Matilda standing there with a hot beverage.

Smiling, she gently sat the cup down on Ivy's desk. "I wasn't sure if you liked Cappuccino but decided it was a chance worth taking."

Ivy hummed in appreciation as she blew on the hot liquid and then took a generous sip. "Oh my goodness that's exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank you so much" Ivy said thankfully.

Her assistant turned to leave when Ivy asked her "What are you working on?" "Well I've already finished my usual duties, so then I just wait and watch throughout the day to see what comes up" Matilda answered.

Pointing to the empty chair in front of her desk, Ivy told the young woman to grab her drink and keep her company. "I want to pick your brain" Ivy joked.

"I'm just your assistant Ms. Glenn, why would you want to pick my brain?" Matilda was so unsure of herself, and Ivy could relate. Now here was her first real chance to help this young woman to learn her worth.

Ivy shook her head. "Matilda you are never just anything. Don't think of yourself that way. How long have you worked for Wallace?"

"I'm starting my fifth year here." Ivy was shocked. Why was this woman only in an administrative role? She attended a good college, has a degree in fine arts and from what she'd been told she was an outstanding artist in her own right.

"Okay, well what I would like to do is this, on days like today when you're admin duties have been completed I would like for you to work with Kim and Jamal on layouts. I've seen your artistic abilities and we're going to utilize them here. We are going to land this contract with Zeus; but to do that we need to use all the talent we have, and that includes you Matilda."

"Are you sure?" Matilda asked skeptically.

" Yes, I just can't believe that someone as talented as you hasn't been snatched up by the art department, but their loss is my gain. Also, I've read a couple of your writing samples and they really are brilliant; you just need to polish them a little. Matilda, I'm telling you right now you have what it takes to be involved and I dare say when this project is over I will be looking for a new assistant, because your position will definitely change."

Ivy noticed that Matilda's eyes held confidence that they lacked before maybe all she needed was a little encouragement and to see herself in a different light.

"Alright where do we start boss?" She asked Ivy brightly. "That's the spirit!" Ivy praised. "Call Kim and Jamal and ask them to come into the small conference room and I'll get y'all started on my ideas, you can give me your thoughts as well and we'll go from there."

Once Ivy, Matilda and the two employees from the art department were gathered in the conference room, Ivy started her spiel.

"A new campaign breathes life into a company; it can make it, or it can break it. I've taken a look at Zeus' two previous campaigns and I know Wallace can not only do a better job, but we will have them begging for us to take them on as a client once they've seen our presentation."

As Ivy looked up she noticed Jensen standing there, leaning against the door frame; his gaze unreadable. She instructed her team and answered their questions before walking over to where her boss stood.