Chapter 18

Zeus was enthralled with Ivy and the art department, already giving them another project for another product proprietary to their industry and they wanted the same level of campaign as the first one.

So that meant more personnel being crossed over from the media arts department and Ivy would be going over employee files looking for three more people to join their team.

Stacey Cromwell, Erica Craven and Joyce Adolfo wore many hats and these were the ones that really stood out to Ivy and now it was time for one-on-ones.

But before that Ivy asked Matilda, Kim and Jamal what their thoughts were and it was very eye opening to say the least.

They were of the same consensus that Stacey and Erica were hard workers, knowledgeable and worked well alone or as a team but Joyce Adolfo was another story altogether.

"Joyce has had hot pants for both Mr. Woods and Mr. Wallace since she started here five years ago. She is relentless and will mow anyone over that she perceives as a threat and Ms. Glenn, you are definitely a threat."

Ivy took in Jamal's words very carefully and while she was a little concerned she wasn't about to let some female in heat intimidate her, she was not tucking her tail between her legs and running away, not this time.

"The only reason she still works here is because she is very good at what she does and she uses it like crazy" Kim offered.

"Well" Ivy started, standing up. "She may think she's good but she hasn't met me, and as for whether or not she sees me as a threat, I don't really care. I'll deal with her."

Matilda spoke up next and what she said shocked Ivy. "Ms. Glenn we have all signed NDAs but it doesn't keep the staff from gossiping and everyone knows that Mr. Wallace has taken an interest in you, so naturally you are a threat to Joyce."

Ivy could feel her body heating from the inside out and she was downright embarrassed that her team, people that she wanted to respect her, knew of her frolicking with Mr. Wallace.

Please let a hole open up and swallow me right now! Ivy was screaming and had to resist the urge to run from the room, but she managed to keep her professional side in check.

"Ms. Glenn no one here thinks you went in with eyes wide open. He's very charismatic and just has a way about him that makes you just give up and allow him to tell you what to do." Matilda acted like she had firsthand knowledge and that bothered Ivy a great deal.

Ivy gave out instructions for the rest of the day and retreated to her office thinking that she would talk to Joyce Adolfo first and get that unpleasantness over with.

At anytime, Ivy was told that if she was having a one-on-one with an employee and wanted to record the conversation she could and she also contacted HR and told them, very much wanting to cover her ass.

Calling Matilda over their inner office intercoms Ivy told her to send Joyce in and she stood and readied herself for battle. Her computer recorder running and ready, Ivy was awed at the beauty that walked through her door.

She was statuesque; dark brown, silky, long hair, blue eyes and a body to die for. Suddenly Ivy felt not only inadequate but any confidence she had just flew out the window with the Wonder Woman looking goddess that just sat down.

Just disrespectful right there as she plopped down before Ivy could say anything and then paid more attention to her fingernails than she did her potential boss.

"Joyce you were called in here today because I would like to add you to my team. I've looked over your file and I think you would be a great fit. Tell me a little about yourself." Ivy sat back and waited.