Chapter 26

Oh my little butterflies!  Thank you for your patience!  Here ya'll go!!!

Aiden was a godsend. He was exactly what Ivy needed him to be. Not her lover, not her boyfriend and certainly not her Dom, but a friend and that's what she required of him.

They lay in bed with her head on his chest, listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat while he poured his soul out to her and if she had to guess; the only other person that knew this side of him was Ehren, his sister, because it was pretty deep stuff and yet it seemed like it flowed easily; like he had been waiting for a long time to relieve himself of the ghosts haunting his past.

"My father was a Dom, he got into the lifestyle when he was eighteen years old. His senior year of college is when he met my mother. She was so innocent, someone that I would have never taken on as a sub; but he pursued her, wooed her, and when he had her heart he told her who and what he was and she stayed.

Brave woman in my eyes because he was not the gentlest of men but when it came to my mother somehow she had softened him up a bit. He was more careful and attentive when it came to her.

Although in the beginning he wasn't so kind and caring; he would have multiple subs, even after they were married, but one day she had a pretty scary breakdown. I was five but I remember it like it was yesterday.

I didn't know about it until I was an adult but she had to stay at a hospital for a while so she could deal with the things she had heard and seen and for whatever reasons my father had, he quit taking on subs and asked her if she would be willing to train, under him of course, and become his one and only sub."

He had paused for a moment and Ivy didn't say anything, she just rubbed his side gently, silently letting him know she was still with him and to continue when he was ready.

"She did that for him until the day she died, that was three years ago and finally this past year my father went back to being a Dom only this time he takes on only one sub and he treats them much better than he used to.

In a way I think he's doing that for her because he really did respect her and I believe in his own way he did love her as well, it was just hard for him to show it.

I haven't spoken with him since her funeral because we had a huge blow out about him having my mother as a submissive and well to say the least Ehren never did find out. She held our father on a pedestal because she was too young to see him for what he was and he doted on her for being the youngest."

Aiden got quiet again and just as Ivy had done before she continued rubbing his side soothingly and even placed a kiss on his chest which made him sigh and she could feel the internal struggle going on within him; she had gone through that as well so it was familiar to her.

He scooted down in the bed, his arms wrapping tightly around her body and pulling her closer to him as he kissed the top of her head. She felt like he was at the point where he was done talking for now and that was okay, she wouldn't push for more. She had gotten enough.

She must have fallen asleep because when she woke up Ivy could hear the shower and before her brain kicked into gear her body was already moving towards the bathroom and she could tell by the ease of which she was moving that her back was still on the mend and doing much better.

The voyeur in her was very happy to just stand there and take in his beautiful body as the water danced on his skin, slowly rolling down every delectable inch of him. Ivy suspected that something had fucked Aiden up but until he told her what that something was, she wouldn't even wager a guess.