Chapter 11

There was nothing on this earthly plain that could have prepared Ivy for the commanding force that sat ensconced regally behind the huge desk.

She was convinced that this god-like vision was not of this world; for this is a world of mere mortals. His presence alone spoke more than him opening that luscious mouth of his.

Holy shit cakes! What was wrong with her? This was her boss's boss she was having dirty thoughts about. Whoa there Nellie! Rein it in! She screamed to herself.

Ivy stepped forward, and extended her hand. "I apologize sir, it was not Mr. Woods fault that we were tardy. I was excitedly caught up in the presentation and didn't realize the time."

Aiden Wallace rose to an impressive height as he accepted Ivy's hand without thought or hesitation. "Apology accepted Ms. Glenn. Now, impress me" he commanded.

Ivy took a deep breath as she set up her laptop and laid out the templates and renderings. She felt it best to have a PowerPoint as well as hard copies for Mr. Wallace to look at.

Spending only ten minutes per piece, Ivy felt it best to only hit the highlights because with everything else she provided he would get the gist of what she was putting out there.

Studying his reactions as she finished the last rendering, she knew she had his attention and he hadn't interrupted or stopped her so she felt that was a good sign.

Watching him pace, not nervously, but like he was deep in thought was a little unsettling but she couldn't look away as her eyes raked over his body clad in a designer suit.

She loved the way he pressed his fingertips together as he continued striding from one end of his office to the other.

Jensen didn't seem to be affected by this at all; after all, he knew Wallace and apparently this was not odd behavior on his part.

Finally he returned to his desk and sat down, looking at Ivy like she was a delectable piece of fruit that he wanted to devour.

Her body felt like stretched tight as he scorched her with his deep gaze, and then he spoke.

"I am suitably impressed Ms. Glenn and you can ask Jensen here, that is no small feat. You kept your presentation down to a minimum; you only hit on the highlights and assumed that I was intelligent enough to glean the rest from the sketches and PowerPoint.

Now, I liked #1 and #3 the best and I think that Zeus will lean that way as well. I would like you clean and polish these two up a little more and I will call Collin Zeus to set up a meeting on Friday. Can you be ready by then Ivy?"

Ivy couldn't think clearly; between his praise and hearing how her name sounded coming from his very sexy lips, she almost forgot to answer him.

"Yes sir. We can accomplish that and be ready by Friday. Thank you Mr. Wallace. Your art team worked very hard on this and it's a credit to this company that they employ such talented individuals."

He seemed satisfied and quite pleased with her answer. Standing, Ivy followed suit and took the extended hand he offered.

"Ms.Glenn have a pleasant evening and I'll see you Friday, if not sooner. Jensen, can you stay for a moment? I have some things I need to discuss with you" Aiden said noncommittally.

Jensen nodded as he got the office door for Ivy and then whispering where only she could hear, "Great job Ms. Glenn."

Ivy noticed that Cozette was already gone as she headed to the elevator once safely inside, Ivy let out a whoop of joy, fist pumping into the empty air. "Yes!" She squealed excitedly.