Chapter 12

Ivy and her team, along with Jensen, worked tirelessly tweaking the two presentations to suit Mr. Wallace's directives and finally with the arrival of Friday they would get to see if their hard work had paid off.

She had an emergency Skype session with Krista the night before because she was panicking about her outfit and as usual her best friend came through like gang busters.

She chose one of her black dresses; it was slimming while form fitting, sleeveless and Ivy paired it with a maroon blazer and her black heels.

Krista had also suggested that for this particular meeting, for her to wear her hair up in a messy bun and keep the makeup light and natural; except her lips

Krista had also suggested that for this particular meeting, for her to wear her hair up in a messy bun and keep the makeup light and natural; except her lips. She said to definitely draw attention to her lips.

It made perfect sense to Ivy after all she was going to be talking and what better way to get men to listen to a woman speak than to draw their attention to her mouth.

Obviously it worked because several hours after she had been at the office she kept catching Jensen staring at her and it was unnerving to say the least.

Finally she asked to speak to him alone and as soon as they got inside her office she closed the door and confronted him.

"Jensen you have got to quit staring at me like I'm something new on the menu! You're going to draw attention to us, I don't want that, and I don't think you want that either."  She sounded as frustrated as she was. Her entire lower body had a consistent, dull ache and it was all because of her boss and that kiss.

He looked contrite, but just. And she couldn't help but notice the corner of his mouth turned slightly upward, like he was trying not to laugh at her which infuriated her even more.

"Goddamn it you are one frustrating and trying individual" Ivy muttered under her breath.

She turned to leave but Jensen's voice stopped her. "Ivy, look I'm sorry okay. But it's hard to concentrate when you look so delectable."

Sighing, her shoulders slumped as she turned to face the man that was plaguing her with all sorts of feelings she wasn't used to dealing with.

"Jensen do you realize how inappropriate that is? You're my boss for Christ's sake! And, you're making this harder on me by just being around you!"

Ivy hated herself for making her confession out loud but it was certainly too late to retract her statement; it was out there and now he knew.

All traces of lightheartedness were gone and in its place was a man who looked hungry, starving even. He stood slowly and made his way to Ivy, looking every inch like the predator that he was and he had cornered his prey.

Trapping her against the door, his hands were above either side of her head, his body pressing into hers creating that same warmth and physical need she had been craving since yesterday.