Chapter 3

~1 Month Later~

*Nikkole P.O.V*

Ever since me and Handsome talked on the phone that night we've been hangin out A LOT. He's like my bestfriend, I haven't told him about the situation with my mother and how I'm taking care of Prince and all tht.

He thinks I just like to bring Prince everywhere with me. But I planed on telling him really soon, I'm just waiting for the right time when I kno I can trust him.

I've also been looking into getting me and Prince our own place. Things with our mom have gotten out of control lately. Every night she comes home with a different nigga and he always tries to come in my room so I have to get Prince and lock both of us in his room or my room every single time.

I't's ridiculous and I cant live here if I'm always scared of a man hurting Prince or me. I've been looking at condos and it's actually going great. I found one not to far from Prince's daycare or my school, so I think I might just go with that one.

I was stepping out of the shower when my phone was ringing. I looked at it and Handsome's name came across the screen.

Me: "Hello?"

Handsome: "Good morning beautiful I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight?"

Me: "I don't kno, I'm gonna have to find someone to watch Prince first."

Handsome: "You two are like joined at the hip, why cant yo moms watch him.?

I had to think of a lie quick.

Me: "Ummm she has to work tonight."

Handsome: "Well maybe tomorrow."

Me: "Maybe."

Handsome: "Alright well I'll see yo light bright ass later."

He always got jokes.

Me: "And I'll see yo peanut head ass later.

Handsome: "Aww ok den ma, I gotchu when I see you."

Me: "We'll see."

And with that we hung up.

-

-

-

Today is Saturday, so I'm going to take Prince for a walk to the park and watch the lake out there.

I always take him every once in a while just to get out the house and relax.

I gave Prince a bath and did all his hygiene things. I dressed him in some blue polo shorts, a white polo top and some blue and white gammas.

I love the way the blue compliments his light skin and his grey eyes. I just kno my baby gon have hoes when he older lol.

But anyway I sat him in front of the tv and got ready. I already had a shower and everything so I just got dressed.

I wore some high waisted blue jean shorts, with a black crop top tht said "Bad" and my black toms. I put my hair in a high sock bun and went to get Prince.

I put him in his stroller and headed out the door.

-

-

I was walkin down the street when a black charger pulled up next to me. they rolled down the window and I seen him with tht same smirk on his face from Monday.

Handsome: "Where you headed ma?"

Me: "I'm goin to the lake."

I started to walk off.