One

I finally arrived at the airport, only having my carry on in with my laptop and tablet in it. If I had anything else, I would probably be exposed and hunted down. I'd end up like the rest of my family. Dead.

Checking in, people were a little suspicious of me only having one bag in my hand, but nobody questioned me about it. Security was security at any airport, and I got through just fine. So now, all I had to worry about was getting on the plane and leaving.

Actually, not really. The worst was yet to come.

Boarding the plane and the plane ride home was the worst possible thing a person like me could ask for. Everybody was cramped in one small area. All the sweat and the taste of flesh made my mouth water. I almost snapped several times. I almost bit the person next to me, even though I showed no signs of wanting to do so.

This went on for nearly 6 hours. As soon as we made it to the terminal I sprinted out of the plane like there was no tomorrow, finally breathing in at least some fresh air.

But then, as I looked around, I wasn't sure what to do or where to go. All I really planned for myself was getting out of Maine. Now that I'm across the country I don't know where to go.

As I began looking around awkwardly in confusion, some people were staring at me weirdly. I know it was probably because I was standing there awkwardly but of course my mind kept assuming that people would recognize me, especially hunters.

So, instead of sitting around and waiting, I finally began walking. To where, I wasn't sure.

I suffered through the heat as I continuously walked through the city. I looked around, especially in alleyways, for any signs of people like me. I was told they would be wild in cities, especially this one being the most well known in the world.

I suddenly saw somebody just leaning against a wall, their phone in hand as if just regularly texting somebody. Maybe that's what they were really doing, who knows?

Still though, I was curious.

I approached the person and as soon as we made eye to eye contact, he smiled.

"I'm guessing you're new around here aren't you?" The guy asked.
I nodded. "You know what I am?"
"I sensed you from a mile away." The guy responded.
"Well, I just need your help trying to find a place to stay or something." I explained.
"Unfortunately I work and live alone." The guy stated. "But I'll gladly give you a head start if you'd like."
"Sure, what do I have to do?" I asked.
"Well first off, change your look a little, maybe dye your hair." The guy explained. "Then obviously find a mask of some sort to cover your look, especially when hunting or being hunted."
"Yeah, I know that already." I said.
"Good, then things should go by just fine for you." The guy responded. "That's all I have to say about that, though. Other than that, you're on your own."
"Uh... thanks." I said with hesitation. "What's your name? So at least I know?"
"Just call me 'Beagly'" He responded.
"Er... okay?" I said.

Before I could say anything else, he just disappeared. I was all alone again.

But I knew the first thing I had to do was "change my look", so I decided to go with Beagly's suggestion and dye my hair. But what color would I want it dyed though? If I dyed it anything unnatural wouldn't I be suspicious?

I decided to stop questioning everything and I went to look for the nearest hair salon.

After about a mile or two, I found a hair salon that seemed to be a good place to get my hair done.

As I opened the door to get inside, the bell above the entrance way jingled and all eyes came on me. Welcoming, but still embarrassing and anxiety inducing.

I approached the woman at the front desk.

"Hi... I-I'd like to get my hair done." I stuttered.
She smiled, "not a problem! Do you know what color you'd like?"
I shook my head, "I'm not sure"

She went through some drawers and then handed me a magazine.

"Have a seat and look through this magazine to give you some ideas." She stated. "When you think you have an idea, let me know!"
"O-Okay thanks!" I said.

A sigh of relief went through me as I sat down. I thought it would be weird that I was dying my hair, considering I was a guy.

Just as I had thought that though, as I looked over to my right, I noticed a man with red hair sitting two seats down from me.

Huh... guess I'm not the only one after all!

He looked over as he saw me looking at the magazine.

"Are you getting your hair done too?" The man asked.
"Y-Yeah." I responded.
"What color?" He asked.
"I'm not sure yet." I shrugged.

Just then, he snatched the magazine away from me and shuffled through it without even taking a single gaze at any of the pages. Seeing how his hair looks, he probably got it done so many times at this place and looked at the same magazine at least a dozen times.

He finally looked at me and smiled.

"You'll look good in blue!" He exclaimed as he pointed to the picture.
"O-Okay, I'll take your word for it." I responded. "Thanks..."
"My name's Mark." Mark immediately stated, holding out his hand.

I stared at his hand for a moment, finally reaching my hand out and shaking it. I suddenly became uncomfortable as his scent suddenly burst through me.

"I-I'm Ethan..." I finally told him.
"Hey? You okay Ethan?" Mark asked.
"O-Oh yeah I'm fine." I nodded, finally letting go of his hand.
"So where are you from?" Mark continued, as if not suspicious about anything that just happened.
"I-I just came from Maine." I responded.
"Visiting family or something?" Mark asked.
"No, not really." I shook my head. "I-I'm kinda running away, if that makes sense."
"What?" Mark exclaimed. "Why?"
"I'd rather not explain at the moment." I mumbled.
"Do you have any place to stay?" Mark asked.

I didn't want to respond, but I hated staying silent or lying. It's bad enough I'm lying to everyone about what I really am, why should I lie about anything else?

"No..." I finally responded.

Mark was silent for a moment before he continued talking.

"You're welcome to stay at my place, for as long as you need to." Mark said.
I looked down, "I-I dunno..."
"It's completely fine with me, and I know it'll be fine with everybody else staying there." Mark assured me.
"Who else is staying there?" I asked.
"A friend of mine, my girlfriend and my dog." Mark said.
"Are you sure there will be enough room for me?" I asked.
Mark nodded, "Definitely. It's a pretty big place, not to brag or anything."
I smirked, "thank you."

Afterwards, I was taken back to get my hair done. All I could think about that entire time was how much I regret saying yes now.

But I knew I couldn't really turn back now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!

So yeah, this is kinda based off of Tokyo Ghoul aka my new favorite anime! I hope you guys enjoy this story! I'm looking forward to making more!

And just FYI, this isn't a Tythan story of MarkGamePlays story or any of that. It's just a story that involves Mark, Ethan, Tyler and the rest of the gang! (And whoever else I throw into this story)

~Jackir30