Thirty-Four

TYLER

Dr. Morgan and Dr. Carson quickly removed me from the room.  They were both saying things. I wasn't sure whether they were talking to me or to each other. Dr. Carson was even yelling at one point. But I couldn't comprehend anything they were just saying. My mind was too focused on one thing. Ethan. I had probably just killed him. All because I couldn't resist his scent and the taste of his blood. All because I had basically disobeyed the doctors orders because I was so desperate to get everything done and over with.

As I regained myself, and I could actually hear what the doctors were telling me, both of them had stopped talking and yelling at me, and Dr. Carson had left me and Dr. Morgan alone and ran back to the other end of the hallway.

Dr. Morgan simply gave me a look. It wasn't a look of disappointment surprisingly. It was calm, and also curious, as if he was about to ask me a question.

Sure enough, he did.

"How do you feel, Mr. Scheid?" Dr. Morgan asked.
"Really? That's what you're asking me?" I remarked. "After I had probably killed a close friend of mine?"
"It certainly wasn't what we expected to happen." Dr. Morgan stated.
"Well, what do you expect when you leave me alone with a human whose blood or scent I couldn't resist?" I asked. "You shouldn't have left the room to begin with! Somebody should have stayed by my side the entire time!"
"Yes, we will take full responsibility for that mistake." Dr. Morgan assured me. "And we will also make sure that next time this experiment takes place, we will have a doctor in there with the two of you."
"If this experiment happens again." I added.
"We have our top doctors currently helping Mr. Nestor." Dr. Morgan stated. "He will not die."
"Yeah, he better not." I responded.

Dr. Morgan said nothing else to me and he took me back to my room, where I sat and waited for any word on Ethan.

MARK

Amy, Kathryn and I were immediately brought out from the room we were in as dozens of doctors, who seemed to have come out of nowhere, suddenly rushed into the room to help Ethan. Another doctor brought us into another room away from all the chaos and told us to wait for the all clear.

"I can't believe Tyler actually attacked Ethan like that!" Kathryn said.
"And those doctors didn't do shit until after the fact!" Amy exclaimed. "If somebody was in there, this wouldn't have happened."

They both looked at me, waiting for a response. But I didn't give them an answer right away. My mind was still processing everything that had just happened. Tyler, my best friend, actually went and attacked Ethan, even after all he has been through as a human.

I then couldn't stop thinking about what Amy and Kathryn had just mentioned. How nobody was in the room with them to stop Tyler from attacking Ethan, and how nobody went in there until it was too late. They promised us they wouldn't let this happen, but they did anyways.

"I'm beginning to think this isn't about helping Tyler." I mumbled in response.
"What do you mean?" Amy asked.

I leaned in to whisper to the girls.

"I don't think they want to help Tyler adapt to human society as a ghoul." I stated. "I think they're just using him as an experiment and that's it."
"What makes you think that?" Kathryn asked.
"After what happened with him and Ethan, I have my suspicions." I explained. "What if the whole purpose of this experiment is to make Tyler like the rest of the ghouls and to have him kill Ethan, and possibly the rest of us next?"
"But why would they do that though?" Amy asked. "They wouldn't just bring Ethan back to life as a human just kill him again!"
"Look, it's too soon to jump to a conclusion about this situation." Kathryn stated. "Yes, what the doctors did was a dick move on their part, but even professionals make mistakes too.  They know what they're doing otherwise, so let's just hope they can get Ethan to recover, and let's see what they do with Tyler from here."

Neither of us said a word to each other. We just simply nodded, keeping the rest of my thoughts to myself, for now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!!

I am SO sorry for my inactivity lately for my stories! I wanted to make this chapter a bit longer but I wanted to also publish another chapter ASAP so people would know that I'm at least still alive and writing lol.

Hope you guys are still enjoying this story and the other stories I am writing if you read those as well!

More to come soon!!
~Jackir30