Eighteen

A/N: Made on computer, sorry for weird layout :P

As we headed out of the hotel, I noticed Tyler calling somebody on his phone. 

"Hey Kathryn..." Tyler began.

My heart skipped a beat and I smiled as I heard him say her name. Even though it's only been a few days, I've missed them all a lot!

"It's hard to explain." Tyler continued. "But I just want you and Amy to meet me at the park. You trust me?" There was a moment of silence before he smiled. "Great, I'll see you guys soon. Don't tell Mark."

Tyler then hung up from his phone.

"You don't know how badly I wanted to say something." I said.

"I would've killed you." Tyler joked. "Because you would've ruined the surprise."

I then grew serious. "How do you think they'll react when they see that I'm alive?"

Tyler shrugged. "With them, I'm not sure. But after seeing them yell at Mark for what he's done to you, I'm sure they'll both be relieved to see you alive."

"But won't they be scared of me?" I asked. "Because they now know I'm a ghoul?"

Tyler chuckled, "Trust me, you're nothing compared to other monsters we've seen."

"I'm still nervous though." I stated.

"Don't be." Tyler assured me. "They're going to be happy to see you."

Tyler and I stayed silent the rest of the drive. Even though Tyler assured me everything was going to be okay, my anxiety was still going through the roof. 

Finally, we pulled up to the parking lot area of a park. It had a playground, a few benches and a wooded area behind it. We noticed another car in the parking lot with us. Moments later, Amy and Kathryn came out of the car.

"Stay here." Tyler told me.

"O-Okay." I responded.

Tyler then got out of the car and met up with Amy and Kathryn. I stayed low and watched as they were having a conversation. I could somewhat hear their conversation.

"I don't really know how you guys will react." I could hear Tyler say.

I suddenly noticed Tyler walking over to the car and opening the door. Tyler handed me my crutches and I got out of the car. Their jaws dropped as I went over to them.

"E-Ethan?" Kathryn asked.

I smirked and nodded.

"Dude, Mark beat you senselessly... you were a mangled mess..." Amy explained. "But now, minus the leg, you look just fine..."

"Trust me, I'm still far from fine." I responded.

Kathryn then walked over to me. Suddenly, I felt a stinging sensation across my cheek as she slapped me out of nowhere. Amy and Tyler both had a look of shock in their face. I was also confused.

Then, she suddenly smiled. "That's for not telling us you were a ghoul."

I let out a slight chuckle and she hugged me tightly.

"I still don't understand how you're alive!" Amy said.

"Well, that's where the bad news comes in." Tyler explained. "Brian and his team are back."

Their eyes widened. "You've got to be kidding me." Kathryn responded.

Both Tyler and I shook our heads.