Thirty-Three

TYLER

About an hour past since I've seen anybody and since I drank the bag of blood the doctor had given me. My mouth was still watering, wanting some more. This was pure torture.

I suddenly heard the sound of the door opening and I noticed Dr. Morgan enter the room again.

"Hello, Mr. Scheid... how are you feeling?" He asked.
"I-I'm feeling fine." I fibbed.
Dr. Morgan raised an eyebrow, knowing I was lying.
I sighed, "I'm craving this blood that you've given me, I need more of it."
"How badly do you need it?" Dr. Morgan asked. "On a scale of one to ten, ten being that you need it the most?"
"One hundred." I immediately responded.
"Well, our next experiment actually involves the human who's blood you've drank." Dr. Morgan stated.
"I-I dunno if I can do it." I admitted. "I have a feeling I'm going to end up hurting them."
"We will make sure that doesn't happen." Dr. Morgan assured me. "And this experiment will help you improve and control your cravings. It may take a while, but you will overcome this feeling and the scent won't bother you anymore."
"But... there are other scents out there... scents that are possibly more... mouth watering than this..." I explained. "If it takes me a while to overcome this scent, there's no way I'll be able to overcome another scent like that."
"Don't be doubting yourself like this, Mr. Scheid," Dr. Morgan said, "You are a lot smarter and a lot more controlling than you think you are. Having this negative mindset, and having these fears will only make things worse."

I didn't want to argue or complain to him anymore, I just wanted to get this experiment done and over with.

I looked at Dr. Morgan and gave him a slight and assuring nod, "Alright, you're right."
Dr. Morgan smiled, giving me a pat on the back, "Good job."

He then stood up and began walking towards the door before giving me one last look.

"In a couple minutes, we will set you up for the experiment." He told me.

He then shut the door, leaving me alone in the room again.

ETHAN

Dr. Carson escorted me and my friends downstairs into another room. It looked just like an interrogation room you would find in police stations and prisons. A long table with two chairs across from one another, along with a window you can't see through where people watch from the other side. This place sort of felt like a prison, so it made sense.

Dr. Carson sat me down in the chair facing the door and I nodded and took a seat.

"Alright so Ethan, you are going to stay right here, and we will be watching you from that window over there." Dr. Carson explained. "The experiment will begin after the subject is brought in."

I nodded as he left the room. Mark, Amy and Kathryn looked over to me.

"Are you alright?" Kathryn asked.
"I-I don't know, really." I shrugged. "I don't know how Tyler will react to seeing me, how he'll react to my scent, after everything the doctors have been telling us..."
"They promised us nothing would happen to you or to Tyler." Mark assured me. "And they also believe that once Tyler sees you, he will react differently."
"But what am I supposed to say to him?" I asked. "I mean, he's probably gonna want answers."
"You don't have to tell him anything if you don't want to." Amy responded. "The doctors will probably explain everything later."

Suddenly, we heard an announcement over the intercom coming from the other room.

"Can you three please come to the observation room? The other subject is about to arrive." Dr. Carter spoke over the intercom.

The three of them looked over to me.

"Good luck, Ethan." Mark told me.
"Th-Thanks..." I responded.