Eight

Ethan's POV

Tyler drove me back to Mark's house. As I went inside the house, I noticed everything was clean, as if I never attacked Tyler in the first place. I then looked over at Tyler.

"I'm impressed, dude." I stated.

"Like I said, I'm pretty smart." Tyler remarked.

"How were you able to clean up your wound?" I asked.

"Loads of peroxide mixed with loads of pain." Tyler responded.

"Even worse than mine?" I asked.

"About the same, actually." Tyler shrugged.

I laughed, "what about the last ghoul that attacked you?"

"You were strong, but that last ghoul made you look like a wimp." Tyler insulted.

My smile from laughing dropped, "Oh well, thanks for that."

Tyler changed the subject. "Anyways, we gotta pick up Mark, Amy and Kathryn. You wanna come?"

"Sure!" I nodded.

The two of us went back out into the car and headed back out towards the hospital. As soon as we got there, they were all waiting for us out front. I noticed Mark with several bandages on his body, as well as one wrapped around his waist.

Mark immediately opened the back door and climbed in.

"Get me the hell outta here now!" Mark exclaimed.

"Yes your highness." Tyler sarcastically remarked.

As we pulled out, I looked over at Mark. He seemed exhausted.

"I'm guessing it didn't go so well?" I asked.

"Well I needed like a million stitches on my waist!" Mark exclaimed. "And I couldn't sleep all night because of some guy screaming bloody murder in the room right next to me!"

Kathryn and Amy giggled.

"We got 'special visitor' rooms away from all of that." Amy laughed.

"Oh shut up!" Mark yelled.

"Mark, relax, you can sleep when you get back to the house!" Tyler responded.

"And Chica was a good girl for me!" I added.

"She finally got along with you?" Kathryn asked. "That's great!"

"It took a bite or two, but she finally cooperated!" I smiled.

"She bit you?" Amy asked shocked.

"It was only on the hand and she didn't leave any marks." I answered.

"Well, as long as she didn't leave any shits in the house then I'll be in a better mood." Mark stated.

"I made sure she went outside before we left." Tyler responded.

"Thanks, man." Mark said.

The rest of the drive home was silence and also giggles as Amy and Kathryn were taking pictures of Mark, who had his head against the window, his mouth open.

"You better believe I'm photoshopping tonight!" Kathryn whispered.

After about 10 minutes, we finally reached the house. Mark dragged himself upstairs while the rest of us went and hung out in the living room. 

Amy took out her phone and her face lit up.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys!" Amy said. "Jack's coming to visit this weekend!"

"This weekend?" Tyler asked. "Just this weekend?"

"Well, for 5 days at least." Amy responded.

"Who's Jack?" I asked.

"One of Mark's friends." Kathryn explained. "He's from Ireland."

"Oh, that's pretty neat!" I said. 

"But wait, what are we going to do about rooms?" Tyler asked. "Ethan got the last room in the house!"

"Relax, he said he would stay in a hotel not too far from here."Amy responded.

"Should we tell Mark?" Kathryn asked.

"No, I'd rather keep it a surprise." Amy suggested.

"When's he gonna be here?" Tyler asked.

"He's coming in two days." Amy said. 

"Really?" Tyler asked, not so happy.

"Why? What's wrong with two days?" I asked.

"Oh yeah." Kathryn said. "It's the full moon, where the most ghouls are said to be out. That's when we all hunt together."

"Mark's gonna be pissed, then." Tyler added.

"Alright, then we just tell Mark when he wakes up and we just don't go hunting that night." Amy said. 

"Does he not know you guys are hunters?" I asked.

"He does." Tyler nodded. "But uh..."

"What?" I asked.

"We went out hunting one night, and we killed a ghoul..." Amy explained. "And that ghoul... was actually Jack's girlfriend...."

My eyes widened. He went out with a ghoul? And if he knew she was a ghoul, will he know I'm one?

"I-I'm surprised he still visits you guys after what you guys did." I remarked.

"Trust me, he didn't talk to us for a long time." Kathryn responded. "And he almost told a bunch of people what we do. But eventually he found a human girlfriend that he loves very much and we got back on good terms again."

"Oh... that's good!" I responded.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Amy agreed.

Mark didn't get up from his nap until 6:00 at night, when we already all had dinner. He still had tired eyes, but he also looked well rested.

"Hey Mark!" Kathryn said, "Did you have a nice nappy-poo?"

"It made up for all the sleep I lost, that's for sure." Mark responded.

"Guess what?" Amy asked. "Jack's coming to visit in two days!"

"Are you serious?" Mark grumbled. "The worst possible time?"

"Well, I'm sure this was possibly the only time he could do it." Tyler said.

"No, he had to have done this on purpose." Mark claimed. "Ever since the incident last full moon, he wants to make sure we don't kill any more ghouls while he's around."

"But he has a new girlfriend now and she's human now!" Amy responded.

Mark stood there for a moment and then sighed, "Alright, fine. I guess we'll just get everything ready for his visit and make sure we hide all of our weapons or any sign of ghoul hunting."

"Awesome!" Amy smiled. 

The next few days, we decided to clean the house and make everything nice for Jack's arrival. Tyler ended up hiding all of the weapons in his closet, which wasn't the best place, but it was better than Mark's suggestion of burying them in the backyard.

Finally, the house was ready for Jack's arrival. Although it looked a bit too nice. Was this guy a God or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter is kinda boring and stupid. I guess you can consider it a filler chapter as to what comes next. It'll be worth it I promise!

More to come soon!

~Jackir30 :)