Two

"Okay, you're all finished!" The person doing my hair announced.

She turned my chair around so I could see myself in the mirror. My hair was completely covered in blue. The only signs of my natural hair color came from the sides of my head.

I hated it, but it would have to do. I had to admit, I don't really look like I did before.

I smirked a fake smile, "I like it!" I told the girl, "Thank you!"

"It's my pleasure!" She responded.

She then unhooked the robe from my neck and I stood up. The guy that I met earlier, Mark, also came out and met up with me. His hair was no longer red, it was black, his natural hair color.

I sighed, I was the only one who now had weird hair.

But Mark smiled, "See? I told you it looked good on you!"

"I guess" I mumbled.

Mark then offered to pay for both of our haircuts. I tried to decline despite what little money I had, but of course it didn't work. But I did give at least $5 to the woman who did my hair.

Mark then lead me out of the hair salon and I followed him to his car. As he went into his car, I paused as I got an uncomfortable feeling. Part of me kept telling me he was going to kidnap me and torture me, but then the other half of me told me to trust him. Who the hell knows who to trust anymore? Especially in a place like LA...

I finally went in the passenger's seat of the car and we headed out.

The entire drive, Mark was talking about something, but I didn't listen. I was too busy looking out the window, admiring both the beauty of the city and thinking about what my new life here would be like. I was also already beginning to feel a little homesick. But I knew if I returned home, I would probably be killed right on the spot.

Finally, Mark pulled into a driveway. Several other cars were parked in the driveway and in front of the house, showing me that more than one person did live here after all.

I got out of the car and followed Mark into his house.

As soon as the door opened, a dog was sitting, wagging its tail in excitement and waiting for Mark to open the door. As soon as he opened the main door, the dog went crazy and jumped right on top of him.

"Hi Chica! I know! I know I'm home!" Mark whispered to Chica.

Mark looked over at me and smiled, "You can pet her if you'd like!"

"O-Okay." I nodded.

I knelt down and reached my hand out to pet her, but she suddenly began to whimper and slowly back away from me.

She knows already... I thought to myself She's probably going to avoid me like the plague...

"Chica? What's wrong?" Mark asked. "She's normally great with strangers!"

"Could it be the hair?" I asked in sarcasm.

"Nah, Chica's used to seeing me and other friends with dyed hair."

"I mean, I'm not a big dog person." I confessed. "Maybe she knows or something?"

"I dunno..." Mark shrugged. "But I wouldn't worry about it! You still haven't met the others yet!"

"Oh yeah, right..." I responded.

I followed Mark into what looked like the living room. There, three people were sitting down on the couches. One was a boy who had curly, brown hair, one was a girl with dark, brown hair and the last one was a girl with light, blonde hair.

The brown, curly haired boy looked at me and Mark and smiled.

"Who'd you kidnap this time?" The boy asked.

"Ha-ha!" Mark responded. "This is Ethan, he's gonna be staying with us for a little bit!"

Mark then looked at me, "Ethan, that boy over there is Tyler, the dark, brown haired girl over here is Kathryn, and that cute, blonde haired girl over there is Amy, my one and only."

The three of them then stood up and approached me.

"Aww, he's so young!" Kathryn smiled.

I blushed, "I'm 20 years old."

"You look 15!" Amy responded.

"Looks can be deceiving." Tyler stated.

The three of them then gestured me to have a seat over on one of the couches. I finally accepted their request and sat down in between Tyler and Mark.

"So Ethan, where are you from?" Kathryn asked.

"I came here all the way from Maine." I explained. "I guess in a way, you could say I'm running away."

"Why? What happened back in Maine?" Amy asked.

I sighed, "My parents, basically my entire family, was killed..."

"Oh my god!" Amy gasped. "I'm so sorry."

"Yeah..." I nodded. "I knew if I stayed there any longer, life would be a living hell for me. So I decided to move here."

"Well, you're more than welcome to stay here as long as you'd like!" Mark insisted.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

Mark then stood up and headed over into the kitchen area. He opened the refrigerator and then peeked his head out, looking over at me.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Mark asked. "We've got leftover pizza!"

"Um... no thanks." I said.

"You sure?" Mark asked.

Just then, my stomach began to grumble, my mouth began to water. I looked over at Amy, Kathryn and Tyler. I knew I could devour them if I wanted to. But I didn't want to be that person. Besides, even though I couldn't eat pizza, it could hold me until I finally went out and hunted.

"I guess a slice wouldn't hurt." I finally responded.

"That's the spirit!" Mark exclaimed.

He then closed the refrigerator and gave me the plate with the slice of pizza on it. It was a pretty big slice, but I knew it would have to do. I took a small bite out of it and immediately swallowed it, making sure I didn't taste any of it. I then did a chewing motion to look as if I was chewing my food. That's how I was taught to eat human food. The hardest part was getting the food back out before it was digested.

"Hey what's the breaking news for?" Mark asked.

I looked up, noticing a breaking news headline across the screen.

BODY FOUND IN DUMPSTER

Amy turned up the volume so we could hear what the reporter had to say.

A body was just recently discovered around 6:20pm in a dumpster in downtown Los Angeles between a 7-11 and an apartment complex. A local trash collector went to retrieve garbage bags from the dumpster when he claimed to have seen the body at the bottom of the dumpster. Authorities claim this is not to be Ghoul-related but in fact a homicide and authorities are now looking for a suspect.

We all looked at one another.

"Well, at least it's not ghoul related." Mark said.

"What if it was?" I asked.

"It'd be pretty bad." Tyler responded.

"Oh... okay..." I simply nodded.

I then thought about the breaking news again, about how the body was found in a dumpster. I remember passing it as Mark was driving over here from the hair salon. I know where it is.

I now had a plan of what I wanted to do. But I had to wait until later on tonight, as soon as everyone was asleep, in order to do it.