Sixteen

Tyler

I had finally decided to call it a night. I took a shower and went to bed. My mind began racing with thoughts from tonight. Today was just awful. I would do anything to change that moment somehow. I wish I would have told Mark earlier about Ethan before Mark had killed him, I could have possibly saved his life. I knew this was going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

I closed my eyes to finally put my mind to rest when I heard my phone vibrating on the nightstand next to me. I grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. It said "Local Area Caller" on it. It was probably another scam caller, or one of those calls where nobody responds after you say hello. So I ignored it.

But moments later, the phone vibrated again. Same Caller ID. Why is this number calling me?

I finally decided to click Accept and I put my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I groaned in a tired voice.
"Tyler?" I heard the voice say.

My eyes widened, and I immediately sat up in my bed.

No way... I knew this voice... but it couldn't be...

"E-Ethan?" I said.
"Yeah." He responded. "I-I'm alive... believe it or not."

I was at first extremely happy and relieved, but then I frowned.

"This is a trap... isn't it?" I asked.
"No. I swear it's not!" Ethan assured me.
"Well, just know that at the moment, I'm not 100% sure it's you." I told him.
"I can accept that." Ethan responded.
"So what do you need me to do?" I asked. "Do you want me to come and get you?"
"I-I do need a ride, but not back to the house." Ethan said.
"What? Why not?" I asked.
"Because if Mark sees me again, he'll kill me!" Ethan explained.
"Alright well, wherever you are, I will get you and take you wherever you need to go." I assured him.
"Alright, thanks Tyler." Ethan responded.

He gave me the location of where he was and I quickly, but quietly, got out of bed, got changed and quietly left the house. I then got in the car and left the house.
—-
Ethan

I waited by a small building right near the telephone booth I had used to contact Tyler. Thank god those were still somehow around here, otherwise I would have no other way to contact him besides going to the house, which I didn't want to do.

I suddenly got a weird feeling from right behind me, as if I was being watched or approached. I turned around, noticing two other ghouls walking towards me.

"Hey look, it's the idiot who teamed up with those hunters." One of the ghouls said.
"Heard you got beaten to a pulp." The other Ghoul asked me.
"It's none of your business." I mumbled.
"You're completely vulnerable." The first ghoul claimed. "We could kill you right now if we wanted."
I smirked, "Then do it."

The two looked at each other confused. Suddenly, one of the ghouls jumped right on top of me, my back hitting the ground hard. I tried the best I could to keep the ghoul off of me, but I still hadn't fully recovered from Mark attacking me earlier.

Suddenly, I felt my arms and legs going numb and limp from the remaining strength leaving my body. The ghoul then continued throwing punches and clawing at me and finally was about to take a bite out of my flesh when suddenly, I noticed something pierce right through his chest.

I watched as the ghoul fell to the ground and I looked up, noticing Tyler standing right above me. He then held out his hand and helped me up. I felt a great deal of pain overcome me as I could barely stand and immediately fell back to the ground.

"Whoa, Whoa... take it easy, I got you." Tyler assured me. He went over and gave me my crutches. I held onto them as I slowly stood back up. Once I was back on the crutches, Tyler had me follow him into the car and we drove off before anybody could see us.

"You look god awful." Tyler told me.
"Gee, thanks for that..." I remarked.
"No, you look like you need something fast." Tyler told me, his expression serious.
"No..." I responded. "I'm not feeding off of you again."
"Then what the hell are you going to eat?" Tyler asked.
"What about white rice or something?" I asked. "Something I eat that doesn't affect me after it's digested."
"There isn't a single Chinese or Japanese food place opened at this hour." Tyler stated.
"Alright then just give me anything." I responded. "Anything where I can eat something and gain nutrients for my body to function again before throwing it back up again."
Tyler nodded, "Alright, well... it's not the best place in the world, but it'll have to do."

A couple minutes later, Tyler pulled into a McDonald's Drive thru and got some food for the both of us.

"Alright, now where do we go?" Tyler asked.
"Anywhere but Mark's place." I responded.

We drove throughout the city until we found a motel on the other side of Los Angeles. I waited in the car while Tyler went and got a room key for me. Moments later, he came out with the room key and we went inside the room we were given.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!
Just giving you a heads up that even though it may seem like it because it's mainly Ethan and Tyler in the story right now, this is not a Tythan fanfic. Some people have asked me this so I just wanted to clear this up. I don't ship Tythan and I only consider Ethan and Tyler friends.
Anyways, that's all I wanted to let you guys know!

More to come soon!
~Jackir30 :)