Four

I woke up the next morning, looking at the time. It was almost noontime!

Shit!!

I quickly got up, got changed and ran down the stairs, almost tripping and falling. I then met up with the rest of the group down in the den area. But only Amy and Tyler were there.

"Where's Mark and Kathryn at?" I asked.
"They're still sleeping." Amy responded.

I slouched.

You mean I still could've been asleep if I wanted to?

Tyler then gave me a strange look.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked.
"Yeah, of course!" I responded. "I'm just not used to living here just yet and I thought there had to be a specific time when I had to get up."
"Nope, not at all." Tyler assured me. "We actually just got up like an hour ago, but on other days we sometimes sleep until 1 or 2 in the afternoon."
"Wowie." I giggled. "I'm used to getting up way earlier than that."
"Did you just say 'Wowie!'?" Amy asked.
"Kinda..." I blushed. "I-It's a family thing."
"Interesting." Tyler nodded.

I sat down in one of the chairs and watched as Amy was flipping through the stations. She suddenly stopped as she saw something familiar on one of the news stations. It's because it was at the same place where the girl's body was found yesterday. The same place I went and killed the suspect.

I looked at the headline.

KILLER'S MULTIPLE BODY PARTS FOUND IN SAME DUMPSTER

I then listened in on the news report. It seemed to sound like a woman calling in at the scene.

Now the ironic thing is, is that this body, who supposedly is the suspect of last night's killing, was found in the same dumpster! However, instead of being in one piece like the victim, the supposed suspect was found in multiple pieces with different organs missing from his body and blood everywhere! Because of this, police are immediately calling this a ghoul-related attack, and the entire section of the city is being placed in lockdown mode until more information is found.

My heart began racing, as the accomplishments I have thought I had done earlier were now slipping away. However, part of me still told myself to stay confident. I had killed somebody worth killing. But now, I have to be more careful now than I was before.

I then looked over at Amy and Tyler, who were talking amongst each other.

"I'm glad Mark isn't awake to hear about this." Tyler mumbled.
"Well, if it was a ghoul, at least this Ghoul killed somebody worth killing." Amy remarked.
"Wait, why wouldn't you want Mark to hear about this whole thing?" I interrupted.
Tyler sighed, "Mark's family was killed by ghouls when he was younger. Ever since then, whenever he hears of any type of Ghoul attack, he goes out and hunts for them."

My eyes widened and my heart raced quadruple the amount of times it did before!

"You're saying Mark is a hunter?" I asked.
Amy nodded, "Technically, we all are, although we don't get involved with it unless Mark needs our help."
"But he's a pro at this sort of stuff." Tyler added. "So we pretty much lay back here until Mark asks us for help then we immediately join in."

I suddenly began feeling sick to my stomach. I covered my mouth because I knew I was going to get sick.

I then immediately ran out of the room and into the bathroom where I vomited, breathing loudly after every time I got sick.

I needed to calm myself down somehow, but how could I calm myself down knowing that the people I'm staying with are Ghoul hunters? AND I'M A GHOUL!

I suddenly jolted as I heard the door opened and Amy came in. I had forgotten to lock the door.

"Hey are you okay?" Amy asked with concern. "You haven't eaten anything yet have you?"
"N-No." I responded. "No to both questions."
"You just seemed, really uncomfortable when you saw what it said on the news, and then when me and Tyler were talking about it." She explained.
"I-It's just that..." I began. "Th-The reason why I ran away from home, is because my family was killed by ghouls."
"Oh my god." Amy responded.
"A-And I just don't want to hear anything about these ghouls attacking and killing other people!" I fibbed.

I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. It fit perfectly with the emotional lie I was telling Amy, but I was mainly crying because I was scared. Scared that these people I'm talking to and staying with right now may end up eventually killing me.

Amy then suddenly embraced me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Ethan, we won't let any of that happen to you." Amy assured me. "And I promise you, we'll make sure that if we do go out and hunt, or if Mark goes out and hunts, we'll make sure that we're all safe."
"I-I just wish you didn't have to hunt at all..." I told them.
"It's what we do unfortunately, but we'll make sure from now on we don't have you hear anything about any Ghoul attacks, if it makes you feel better." Amy told me.
I shook my head, "No, you don't have to do that."
"Are you sure?" Amy asked.
I nodded, "We'll all be hearing news about the ghouls anyway until they're all taken care of."
"Yeah, and that's what we're here to do." Amy responded.

She smirked a smile before standing up and leaving me alone in the bathroom again.

Even though Amy's talk didn't exactly benefit with me being a ghoul, it did help me finally calm down enough so I wasn't sick anymore. I cleaned up the mess I had made and left the bathroom.

As I entered the den again, I noticed Mark and Kathryn in the room this time. They were all standing up, and Amy was explaining everything that we saw on the news to him,

"Alright, I'm going to head out tonight and see if I can find this thing." Mark stated.

Mark then turned around as he noticed me. My heart racing again knowing that he was a hunter. He then approached me, making my heart race faster. I almost thought it would explode.

"Ethan, you said your family was killed by ghouls too?" Mark asked.
"Y-Yeah." I nodded.
Mark smirked a smile, "how would you like to go and watch me hunt?"
"Mark, don't make him do that!" Tyler begged.
"You can watch me fight and kill these bastards so that you can get an idea of what we all do." Mark continued. "I guess you can consider it an act of revenge for the both of us."
"I'm not a revenge type of person." I responded.
"Then don't consider it as revenge. Think of it as a way of helping the world get rid of all the evil monsters in it!" Mark added.
Tyler grabbed Mark, "Cut it out, dude! He just came here yesterday after experiencing his own family die by ghouls! You expect him to just automatically say yes to this?"
"I went and hunted these assholes right away." Mark responded.
"Well, he's not like you! He needs time to think about this, he probably doesn't even want to do this at all!" Tyler explained.

He was right, I didn't want to do this at all. But I knew that if I didn't say no, Mark would probably never leave me alone about it.

I sighed, "I'll do it."

Tyler looked at me, a surprised look on his face. Mark smiled.

"Good choice, Ethan." He smiled, patting me on the shoulder. "We all leave tonight at 11:00 to try and hunt down this Ghoul."
"And what if we don't catch it?" I asked.
"Then if any other ghouls cross paths with us, we kill them. One less Ghoul to worry about." Mark answered.

The group finally left the den. I decided to go back into my room.

All I could do was stare at the ceiling for the majority of the day.

Tonight, we would all be hunting for the ghoul that killed a man by the dumpster.

We would be hunting for me.