Seven

Tyler's POV

I quickly sat up as Ethan started running out the door. I knew that by the time I could try to stop him, he would already be gone and out the door.

I looked over at my shoulder, there was blood everywhere. I began to panic a little. If I can't get this patched up by myself, I would have to go to the hospital, and how am I supposed to explain to my friends that my gash from my shoulder had suddenly reopened? It's gonna take more than just a simple "my stitch popped", excuse to explain it.

While covering my shoulder with one of my hands I got myself up and rushed over into the bathroom. I used my free hand to turn on the water. As I let go of my shoulder and looked over to my hand, I noticed blood completely covering it. As I looked at the wound in the mirror, it didn't show any signs of it healing anytime soon.

Without any hesitation, I quickly grabbed the rubbing alcohol from the medicine cabinet and without any cotton balls or anything, just poured it all over my shoulder. I screamed in pain as it began to sting like a bitch and watched as the wound also began to bubble. I then dabbed a washcloth on the wound to try to get rid of the rest of the blood.

Thankfully, after a few moments, the rubbing alcohol began to work and the wound on my shoulder was bleeding less and less. I then took a few rectangular gauzes and stuck them over some of my worst wounds before covering the entire thing up with bandages. Then, I put everything away as if nothing had ever happened inside of that bathroom.

I then went out into the living room area to clean up the blood stains from the rug. After about 15 minutes I was finally able to get a good majority of the blood stains off, at least to a point where it wasn't noticeable.

I then looked at the time. It was almost 6am. It was almost a half hour since Ethan ran off. I knew I had to go and look for him and try to assure him everything would be alright. I had until 10am to look for him before I have to go and pick up Mark and them from the hospital. I had to find them beforehand otherwise I would be screwed.

So without any hesitation, I let Chica in and left the house to go look for him.

I slowly drove through the neighborhood to try to find him, but I couldn't find any sight of him. So I drove through the town and into the city, where Ethan most likely ran off to.

It was harder to get into the city this time because of rush hour traffic. But as soon as I got into the city, I parked inside of a parking garage and went to look for Ethan.

The one place I knew Ethan would most likely be in was an alley way, where it was dark and private enough for ghouls to hunt and feed.

I went through several alley ways in the city, all of them were empty. I knew I couldn't stay in the alley ways too long in case other ghouls were hunting still.

I looked at the time, it was almost 8:30. I knew I had to find Ethan soon so I could have time to go back home before going to get Mark, Amy and Kathryn from the hospital.

As I went into another alley way, I immediately recognized Ethan by the blue hair. But his back was facing towards me and he was crouched down. I could also hear him chewing, as if he were eating.

I then noticed a body right in front of him lying there lifeless. It made my heart race. He was devouring a human. Hopefully it was some sort of criminal and not somebody innocent.

"E-Ethan..." I began.

He suddenly paused and turned to face me. His lips were red with blood and it ran down his chin. There was also some blood above his lips. I kept my composure in order to keep myself from being nervous.

"T-Tyler..." Ethan stuttered. "Don't come any closer to me!"
"Ethan, its okay..." I continued. "I'm fine!"
"It doesn't matter!" Ethan exclaimed. "I could've killed you!"
"But you didn't..." I responded.
"You don't understand," Ethan explained. "You know now what I am, and eventually Mark and the rest of the group will figure it out, and I'll be killed!"
"Ethan, your secret is safe with me, I promise." I assured him.
"I trust you to keep my secret," Ethan said, "But I can't go back with you, Tyler..."
"Ethan, if you don't come back with me, they'll discover what you are sooner than if you did come with me." I explained. "And even if they do eventually figure it out, I'm sure we can figure something out. Maybe it could be an advantage for us."
Ethan looked at me confused, "How would it be an advantage?"
"Well, four hunters don't stand a chance against one powerful ghoul, unless we get lucky!" I explained. "If a ghoul were on our side, we would have an advantage and be able to defeat the ghoul!"
"I'm not as strong as you think." Ethan said.
"We can help you become strong." I said. "Please, I promise you it will all work out. Just come back with me."

Ethan was silent for a moment, it felt like a few minutes. Finally, he nodded and I helped him back on his feet.

I smiled, "Welcome back dude."
"Thanks." Ethan said.
"Now let's get back home and get you cleaned up." I suggested.

Ethan smirked a smile as he followed me out of the alley way and to the car, trying to wipe off as much blood from his face as he can. Despite some spots of blood on his face, it didn't raise any suspicion around us and we were able to leave the city safely.