Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Occasional laughs and hushed voices drift into my room, pulling me in and out of the deepest sleeps I've had in months. After waking up to an empty apartment for the past week, I was starting to get used to the silence. Based off the feminine giggles coming from the living room though, Jordan agreed to let Lana stay the night. Taco fest – hold the meat and cheese.

My body feels stiff as I roll from my side and onto my back. My asshole clenches in soreness, and it's a jolting reminder of all that happened last night. Bennett's hands were all over me. Our mouths and lips took their time exploring the other with a blissful slowness that almost drove me mad. And when Bennett finally rolled a condom down the length of his hardened shaft, I was trembling with desire. He drove himself inside me again and again, hitting a spot that made it impossible not to come.

The two of us unraveled in a moment of white-hot passion, only to pick ourselves up to do it all over again an hour later....

....and then two hours after that.

I wish I could say the sex isn't as good as I remember it being, but it is. Honestly, it's even better. The dude has a body out of this world, and his sexual prowess is unparalleled. I mean, I know the guy has had practice, but damn. I've never felt this type of satisfaction before.

I stare at the ceiling before glancing towards the other half of my bed. For a split second, all I feel are nerves wondering if Bennett managed to sneak out at some point last night. But then my eyes take in the view of Bennett's bare backside just a foot away from me, and the fear is quickly replaced by lust.

His body is relaxed. Each breath he takes is slow and deep, and his shoulders seem to expand with each and every one. My pillow is tucked under his arm, and his long hair falls gently against his face. My chest constricts seeing him here, beside me. I'm reminded in this moment that my feelings for him extend far beyond a crush.

I'm in deep with him.

I scoot closer to him. Would he wake if I tried to cuddle with him? I've never cuddled a dude before. Only chicks. I reach my arm out and hesitate for a moment before slipping it around Bennett's waist. He flinches and I hold my breath, waiting to see if he'll move. When his breathing goes back to normal, I successfully pull him against me. The warmth of his back radiates against my chest. Cuddling.

It actually feels good. Different, but good. Instead of the soft, feminine curves I was used to with Annie, Bennett's hard body mimics my own. My thumb traces a light pattern against the planes of his stomach. I squeeze my eyes closed and try to control the direction of my thoughts. Even though I'm making an attempt at being romantic in a non-sexual way, my lower half is starting to get ideas of his own. Then again, I can't fault him too much. My hands are just inches away from Bennett's dick, and I'm pressed up against his ass. This isn't exactly a recipe for keeping my hands to myself.

A deep, throaty chuckle pulls me from my thoughts. Bennett turns to look up at me. His green eyes practically shine, and I don't know whether or not he wants me to move away from him.

"I didn't peg you as a snuggling type of guy," he mutters, sleep still thick in his voice.

I swallow hard, trying to fend off the heat rising up my neck. "I'm not," I say a little too fast. "I was just seeing what it felt like."

I try to recoil my touch, but Bennett slides his hand into mine and intertwines our fingers. He pulls my arm tighter around him.

"And the verdict?" he asks.