‡ Chapter 10 ‡

Just so I can make this clear-should have done this a while ago

Pronunciation time!

Romane (RO-MANE) As in (ROW-MAIN) like row row row your boat. Main street.

Levi (LE-VI) (LEE-V-I) Like Lee, as in Bruce Lee. Vi as in vi-olet. Lee-vi. Levi at the side>> played by Theo James

So we left Jessie with one of the most dangerous men in the world.

Let's see how that goes...

WARNING: NOT EDITED> AT ALL. SERIOUSLY. I will later, after the homework.

‡††‡‡

My hands dampened. I did a discreet wipe across my thigh, and attracted his attention to my face as I tucked a hair behind my ear.

"I see you've found me," I said coolly.

He swiped a glass from a passing waiter and tipped the champagne. "I see you're still locked up, wildcat."

My eyes hardened. "I am not locked up."

He sipped the bubbling liquid and rubbed his thumb over the rim. "Oh really? Because it seems like you're Levi's lap dog."

My jaw muscle twitched. "No I'm not."

He did a small shrug and took another sip. "Sitting respectively at the side while your owner goes to do his business. When he comes back, you're going to follow him on a leash and kill whoever he says, defend him when someone attacks." He lifted a slow hand. "Wildcat, you're his lap dog."

I scoffed and propped an arm on the table. "Oh, and if I were with you I wouldn't be?"

He boomed with laughter. "Of course not. If you were with me, you'd be free. You'd be whoever you want to be." He tapped my wrist. "You wouldn't be chained."

Yanking my hand away in disgust, he only laughed again, struggling to drink. "I see you're all dolled up too," he managed to speak.

I snatched a quick drink from the passing waiter. My fingers tightened in an instant, and cleared my dry throat. "Yes. Levi advised I dress according to the gang." I arched a cautious brow. "You like?"

He put his arms over the seat, and lifted his glass. "Ravishing, wildcat." He broadened his hands around the room. "So what lucky man are you going to hit on tonight?"

I snorted and mumbled in my drink. "If there's any man I'll be hitting on, I'll hit him in the face."

He laughed again, his drink nearly tipping. I studied his brightened face, and frowned. "Why are you always laughing?"

He leaned back and kicked his feet up. "Because you're hilarious."

I flattened my face, shrinking an inch back. No one had ever called me hilarious. Funny would be the last word in my vocabulary. "I didn't even say anything humorous."

Smiling, he answered, "You don't need to."

My mind puzzled, I finally drank the champagne and allowed the fuzzy buzz to defuse my aching confusion. "Why are you even here?" I asked and found him staring.

He leaned on the table with both arms, setting down his glass. "I'm here for you."

Terror iced my stiffened bones. "You're going to kidnap me? Kill me? Torture me?"

His eyes rolled. "To talk to you, wildcat. Jeez. You make it sound like I'm a monster."

Because you are.