‡ Chapter 34 ‡

Cold air washed into the cave.  The slow water drops falling onto his bare chest matched his steady breaths.  His white pants were nearly shreds and he stopped caring about the mud plastered across his once pale skin. 

His bones started to ache from sitting on the damp rock for so long.  Yet his mind dismissed the pain, too consumed by his own thoughts and doubts that led to this exact decision.  He thought about her.  He thought about her every day.  He prayed to heaven and hell just to see her. 

His hand trembled as he aimed the sharp tip at his shoulder.  Sipping a quick breath, he injected the needle into his purple veins, and used all the sanity left into that push as he forced the liquids in.  It didn’t take long.  His blond hair threw back as his mouth opened above, screams clawing up his throat along with a mad screech.   

The empty needle fell past his hand, broke into tiny glass fragments, and although with a crack down the label, the words were clear:

Project 10

He heard the wolf howling in the distance, smelt the moss crawling up the walls, tasted the last of his salty beads, felt his nerves crazily vibrate, viewed the specks of water trickling into his mouth.  His white eyes were dipped in ocean blue, swirled of a grey fog to then be devoured by the colour black.  The same black that matched his soul. 

Hell answered his prayers.