The Beginning

Naruto sat on a swing. He, not to long ago, was attacked by a mob. But, they were torturing a blood clone. Naruto had managed to escape and took refuge in an abandoned park. He looked up at the sky, birds flying and clouds soaring. He longed to be free like that. But alas, he carries the burden of a jinchuuriki.

Naruto watched in fascination as a bunch of crows passed by him. He laughed quietly when one perched atop his head. Naruto reached up and stroked the birds head. "I see you like birds." A voice said. Naruto looked at the man. "Yeah." Naruto said. He looked the man over again. "Say, you look a lot like that Itachi guy." He said.

The man, Itachi, chuckled at the young Uzumaki. "You are smarter than what the villagers make you out to be." Itachi said amused. "Those cursed villagers know nothing. They should keep their noses out of other people's lives." Naruto growled, eyes flashing red for a moment. Itachi studied him. "You have controlled him?" Itachi asked.

Naruto nodded. "Hokage-sama needs to see you." Itachi said. "Hai, Tachi-nii." Naruto said, giving the older of the two a nickname. Itachi picked up Naruto and placed him in his back. "Why does Oji-san need me?" Naruto asked. "It's a surprise." Itachi said smiling. Naruto grinned.

Itachi and Naruto made their way to the Hokage's Tower. Once there, Naruto all of the ANBU that worked fir Hiruzen. "Oji-san, did I did I do something wrong?" Naruto asked.

"No, child. But, Naruto, I have a question for you." Hiruzen said. "Yes?" Naruto asked, raising an eyebrow. "How is it that when you pull a prank, you are able to run away from Chunin and Jounin without being tired?" Hiruzen asked. "Oh, it's easy. It's like they're not even trying to catch me." Naruto said.

Hiruzen stared at Naruto. "Naruto, I have been watching. Those shinobi were running at full speed, and yet, you barely broke a sweat." Hiruzen said. "Because of Kurama, the Kyuubi." Naruto said.

Hiruzen stared at Naruto. "You have talked to him before?" He asked. "Yep. He trained me. Something about me being a prodigy and surpassing the Fourth Hokage, my dad." Naruto said. Hiruzen eyes went wide as he looked at Naruto. "When did you figure it out?" Hiruzen asked. "On my fourth birthday. Ironic, isn't it? On my FOURTH birthday I learned that the FOURTH Hokage is my dad!" Naruto said laughing.

One ANBU stiffened their laughter with one of her hands. Naruto looked at her closely. "Anko Mitarashi. Otherwise known as ANBU Snake. You have Orochimaru's curse mark." Naruto stated. Snake stiffened. "No way." She said. "How did you know, Naruto?" Hiruzen questioned.

"I've researched everyone in the world. Whether they're shinobi or not. It was a part of my training." Naruto answered. "It is settled then. Naruto Uzumaki, you are now ANBU Fox. Your squad will consist of ANBUs Snake, Weasel, and Dog. Dismissed." Hiruzen said. 

The ANBU, except for the newly formed squad, left. 

"Naruto, what can you tell me about these three ANBU?" Hiruzen asked. "Itachi Uchiha. Otherwise known as ANBU Weasel. A prodigy of Konoha. Well, of his generation." Naruto said. "What do you mean by that?" Anko asked. "I'm the prodigy of my generation. Meaning, I've surpassed Tachi-nii." Naruto said.

Anko grinned and ruffled his hair. "I like you, gaki." She said. "Next." Hiruzen said. "Kakashi Hatake. Otherwise known as ANBU Dog. You are one of the students the Fourth Hokage. You were supposedly supposed to take me into your care, but was too young." Naruto said. Kakashi nodded. "I'm sorry, Naruto-kun." Kakashi apologized. 

"It's nothing, Kaka-nii. Say, why don't we all go to Ichiraku? Tachi-nii, Anko-nee? You in?" Naruto asked. Anko and Itachi nodded. They bowed and left the office.

"Minato, Kushina. He will become the hero you both wanted him. I believe in him. Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonlight0628

Words: 654