Chunin Exams (10)

"Say what?!" Team Demon yelled. Naruto had paled a considerable amount. "I have to go against my boyfriend?" He whispered. "Don't worry. Just pretend we're sparing." Shikamaru said. "Hai, Shika-kun." Naruto said.

The two faced each other on the field. "Fight!" The proctor said. Shikamaru nodded at Naruto. Naruto did the same. "Here are the rules. Fight until one passes out from chakra exhaustion, gives up, or is defeated. We are not to kill one another." Naruto said in a monotone. 

"Fight as if you intend to kill. Even if they are you teammate or lover, you never know if or when they turn on you. Now that the rules are said." Shikamaru said. The two got in a fighting stance. "Fight!" They yelled. They ran at each in blinding speed. The kicked, punched, dodged, blocked, and repeated. Neither one would let the other land a hit.

"Wind style: Air bullets." Naruto said. Invisible bullets shot through the air. Shikamaru's trained eye was able to spot them though. "Fire style: Fire dome." Shikamaru said.  A dome of fire covered the brunet.

Naruto looked annoyed as he watched his bullets get burned away by the fire. "Grand slashing wind skill." Naruto said. Shikamaru's eyes widened. He grunted as he was caught in the jutsu. Naruto took that time to run at him and hold a kunai at his throat. 

"Release it." Naruto said. Shikamaru smirked as he poofed away. Shadow clone. "That lazy Nara. He hasn't even been fighting me." Naruto said while shaking his head. 

Shikamaru then showed himself and leaned on one of the many trees in the arena. "Honestly, Naru-chan. You should've been able to figure it out sooner." He teased. "Shut up, Shika-kun." Naruto said while pouting. 

In the stands, Asuma's jaw was floor level. "How is this possible?" He muttered. "It isn't much of a shock. Naruto's the team leader of their little group. He's worked them hard. In fact, in their team, they have a person for each affinity. Gaara is earth, Neji is lightning, Shino is water, Shikamaru is fire, and Naruto is wind." Kakashi said. 

"T-That's impossible. There has never been a team in the history of the world that held a person for each affinity. Actually, I don't know if anyone has ever thought of it before." Kurenai said. "That is very youthful!" Gai exclaimed, gaining a sweat drop from the other three. 

Back to ShikaNaru~

"Fire style: Fireball jutsu." Shikamaru said. He blew out a fireball, the size of the Hokage's Tower, out of his mouth. Sasuke's eyes widened from the waiting area. "What the heck, man! Are you trying to kill me?!" Naruto exclaimed as he made hand signs at a fast pace. 

"Wind style: Wind dome." Naruto said. An invisible dome covered Naruto. The fireball hit the dome. Visible cracks could be seen. Naruto gritted his teeth as he concentrated. He didn't notice the other set of hand signs.

"Amaterasu!" Shikamaru yelled, using a lot of his chakra. Naruto jumped out of the way of the fireball, but widened his eyes at the Amaterasu. "Wrath of the Sky Gods!" Naruto yelled, using a good portion of his chakra. The two jutsus collided, creating a big bang and a white light. When the light cleared, everyone could see Shikamaru and Naruto fighting. 

Despite lack of chakra, they kept going. "Shikamaru! Naruto! Stop!" Neji, Shino, and Gaara yelled. Shikamaru and Naruto jumped away from each other. Their eyes were dulled considerably and panted heavily. "You guys are taking this too far!" Gaara yelled.

"The jutsus that you used were only for emergencies! And for when I'm there to heal you right after!" Neji yelled. "No more!" Shino yelled. 

"Fire style: Eternal flames!" "Wind style: Spreading air disaster!"