Chunin Exams (8)

Everyone was shocked at the proclamation. Although, there was one black haired ANBU who smirked at Naruto. "I'll see you soon, little brother." He said quietly. He disappeared in a swirl of wind discreetly.

Now, back to Team Demon.

"Naruto. Do you wish for you and your team to participate?" Hiruzen asked. "It's up to them." Naruto said with a shrug.

"I'll fight, Leader-sama." Neji said. "Agreed." The rest said. "Well then. It looks like it's settled, Hokage-sama." Naruto said with a slight smile. "I leave the rest to you." Hiruzen said the proctor.

Naruto stood tensely. "Loosen up, Naruto." Gaara said as he threw his arm around the younger's shoulder. "Yeah. Stop being so stiff. It's not like we're about to fight a war." Shikamaru yawned.

Naruto pouted. "You never know." He protested childishly. Shikamaru chuckled and kissed his boyfriend's forehead. "Whatever. Let's go. The first fight is about to start." Shikamaru said.

Team Demon walked up the stairs and stayed in the waiting area. "Gaara." Temari said. Gaara rose an imaginary eyebrow. "What?" He asked.

"Why didn't you tell us about this." Kankuro questioned hurtfully. "I didn't feel like it." Gaara said while shrugging. "Gaara." Shino spoke in a monotone.

"H-Hai." Gaara replied in a stutter. He walked over to his teammates with a blush. "Someone's gotta crush." Naruto said in a sing-song voice. Gaara hid his face with his hands. "I hate you." He said.

Shino smiled softly and ruffled Gaara's hair gently. "I like you too, Gaara-san." He whispered into Gaara's ear. A shiver was sent down poor Gaara's spine. "First up! Gaara of the Sand versus Sasuke Uchiha!" The proctor yelled.

Gaara smiled sadistically as he jumped onto the field. Sasuke smirked arrogantly. "This will be easy." He said. Gaara chuckled. "Whatever you say, Uchiha brat." He said. Sasuke scowled at him.

"Fight!" The proctor yelled as he jumped back. Gaara stood there, waiting for Sasuke to attack. Sasuke made hand signs and put his hands to his mouth.

"Fire style: Fireball jutsu!" He yelled. Gaara leaned back, letting the fireball go over him. He stood back up and looked at Sasuke with a bored expression. "Is that all? Honestly, Itachi is a better opponent." Gaara said with a shrug.

Sasuke gritted his teeth and ran towards Gaara. He threw a punch, but Gaara dodged. In all honesty, it was a boring match to Team Demon. "You're a waste of time. I might as well go ahead and finish this." Gaara said. He jumped back, gaining some distance between the two.

"Earth style: Earth dragon bomb." Gaara whispered. A dragon head appeared from the ground and shot a bomb at Sasuke. The Uchiha dodged it.

"Earth style: Mud wave." Gaara said. He was raised by a wave that came crashing down on Sasuke. When it subsided, Sasuke was on the ground. 

The Uchiha got up slowly, his eyes held the Sharingan. "Chidori!" He yelled. Sasuke ran at Gaara. Just as Sasuke reached the sand jinchuuriki, Gaara caught his hand. 

Gaara's eyes were pitch black with a tan pupil in the middle. "It's time to play~"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonlight0628

Words: 521