four.

CHAPTER FOUR.
- kehlani jenner

BORING. It's awful to say it, but the day was absolutely boring.

I'm glad I went though, I couldn't have left Alisha alone with two thirteen year olds who moan when they don't win a game of bowling and declare a rematch, want to spend twenty minutes in Claire's accessories, spend loads of time in Starbucks deciding what to get and then decide they want to go all the way to the cinema just to get a Tango Ice Blast. Four times.

All in all, I got to spend time with my best friend, and that's what I planned to do, so the journey wasn't a complete waste, I even won Alisha in a game of bowling and managed to pick myself up a new Mac lipstick.

Carefully, I step out of Michelle's car, thanking her for the ride home. By this point it's about 6:30pm and all I want to do is snuggle up in bed with Shadow, order some pizza and watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Humid air, cool breeze, a couple of fluffy clouds that float in the sky above but other than that it's perfect. I make my way back to my house, the door's not unlocked so they're obviously still out.

After I unlocked the door, I fumble through my bag to find my phone, quickly dialling in Clara's number, the mother who adopted me.

It took her a while to answer and a few tries of phoning her but on the third attempt she finally picked up.

"Where have you been all day?" I ask Clara, hot and frustrated.

"Kehlani," Clara mumbles down the phone, I can tell she has had a few drinks but I don't question it seeing as it's a Saturday, "I went shopping this morning with Avery and Michael and now Avery is at Nana Paula's while me and Michael are at the pub."

For you wondering, Avery is Clara and Michael's real child. Beautiful girl with short, brunette, wavy hair. Freckles dotted all over her fair skin and her eyes an emerald green, as bright as the sun. She's only eight years old but she's fun to be with every now and then.

"Clara you need to come home soon, there's no way I'm letting you stay out all night with Michael, you guys won't get home safe, it's not worth the risk." I basically beg her to come home now but I don't think she seems to get the idea.

"Honey, you don't worry about us, worry about yourself. Michael hasn't had one drink, I swear, he'll get us home safe. Promise." Her words are a mess and she keeps slurring between her sentences, but I can't help but accept it. I trust her and it's not often that she has a drink.

"Okay, I trust you. Please don't let me down," I let out a sigh of relief. She's never let me down so I'm just going to have to take her word for it, "Is Avery staying at Paula's all night then?"

"Yes, darling, don't worry, okay? Get yourself some take out, I'll give you the money back when we get home in an hour," I can hear some shouting in the background over someone spilling a drink but the drama dies out pretty fast so I don't worry about it.

"Alright Clara, love you."

"Love you too, Kehlani." She says as she ends the phone call.

Clara has bleach blonde hair in a bobbed cut and her eyes are a strange shade between amber and blue, a weird combination I know, but that's just how they are.

Shadow is lay down on the carpet in the living room, sleeping like a little angel. I don't bother to disturb him, I just put him out a bit of food and refill his water bowl for when he wakes up.

Before the day ends, I order myself a vegetarian pizza from Dominos and watch a few episodes of Keeping Up With The Kardashians before slowly drifting off to sleep.

END OF CHAPTER FOUR.