seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN.
- kehlani jenner

Alisha hands me the letter as she dances about in front of me.

My eyebrows furrow and my mouth drops to an 'O' shape.

I could be the Jenner sister they've been wanting to find for so many years.

"So...?" Alisha asks me, a large grin planted on her face, "we've got to go!"

"Yeah, I guess we should," I say, a little less excited than Alisha expected me to be. I can feel a lump in my throat and I'm holding back tears. How did I ever get so lucky? Why did they give me up? So many unanswered questions.

The thing that I want to know the answer to most of all is why Clara and Michael didn't let let me know who my real parents were, and that's even if I'm related to the Jenner and Kardashian family.

"Maybe we should email them," I say but my eyes just drift to the floor. What if I am the missing Jenner? Am I really ready to take on this life?

I'm not. I convince myself that I'm not the missing Jenner. This stuff doesn't happen to girls like me.

"Honey, Tawna and I already have you covered!" Alisha squeals excitedly, "we emailed them, showing your Facebook page, what you look like, we even mentioned Carla, Michael, Avery and Shadow!"

My eyes drop to the ground, I sound ungrateful, but I'm too angry to focus. "Thank you Alisha, and thank Tawna for me. I don't know, I'm just not in the mind set to be happy right now. I'm angry. This is what Carla and Michael hid from me for years. The Kardashians and Jenners have been my favourite for so long. They didn't care to tell me."

"They were scared of losing you, Kehlani. Who wouldn't choose one of the richest families alive over a pretty boring life in London? They knew you'd be on the plane straight away," Alisha put her hand on my shoulder and stared at the ground with me, "don't live by them, but don't lose contact with them either. Try visiting them once every two months."

Alisha was getting a bit ahead of herself, I don't even believe myself that I'm the third Jenner sister let alone Alisha already planning what I should do when I live with them.

"Thanks, Alisha," I force a smile that cracks my stone cold face that had been straight for almost ten minutes, "I'm gonna head back... ask Carla why I don't have the letter. May I take that? To show her, of course, so she doesn't try and say that she never got it."

"Of course you can, Kehlani," Alisha replied, she was always the best when it comes to needing support, "just try and be happy for yourself, okay?"

"Sure thing, Alisha, I'll be round tomorrow," I said as I walked off feeling slightly guilty. Alisha was just trying to be there for me and happy and I just pushed her away. She'll understand once I explain exactly why.

Once I got back to the house, I found Carla watching TV while Michael was at work and Avery no where to be seen, probably at a friends or something.

"Where have you been?" Carla jumps up, I can tell already that she's angry but god knows why.

Looking Carla in the eye as a tear rolled down my face, my mouth slowly turning to a frown.

"Oh here we go, turning on the waterworks for nothing as usual, are we, Kehlani?" Carla asked me as she folded her arms and raised an eyebrow.

That's when I had it. She blew the very last straw. "You know exactly why I'm crying," I sniffled, wiping a tear that was streaming down my face.

A guilty look took over Carla's face but she still tried to lie and protect herself like she usually did, "I don't, Kehlani, explain to me."

"Who's Kris? Who were you on the phone to this morning talking about me?" I was basically screaming at her by this point, "and guess what Alisha received in the post today. No, no, let me rephrase that, guess what the whole of London received in the post today?"

Carla's face dropped and she stood there silently for a few minutes.

"That's what you didn't want to tell me? All of my friends think I'm some rich child who was given up by them but wanted back when I turned sixteen!" Anger and rage filled my body from head to toe.

She was speechless. She had no idea what to say. Silence filled the room again for another few minutes.

"Your friends are right, Kehlani." Carla wiped a tear away from under her eyes but I couldn't understand why she was crying at all, "please, sit down."

She placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off as I sat down on the other side of the sofa.

"Kris and Caitlin brought you to England when you were two years old and put you up for adoption. It was at that time that I was struggling to have children, we decided to adopt instead. We wanted to raise a child." Carla explained, although she didn't make eye contact with me once, "Kris wanted responsible parents who would get in contact with her when the child turned sixteen. When you were only seven years old I decided to block Kris and her whole family on everything. I really wasn't willing to give you back. I loved you and the fear of losing you was too much for me."

My heart was broken. Alisha was right. All Carla was was scared of losing me.

"But Carla, was that really the right thing to do? Hide it from me for so many years? Throw away letters that show that I'm the missing Jenner daughter? Imagine if you was Kris, I bet they're worried sick!" I slowly take a deep breath before looking Carla in the eyes, "and even if I was to go and live with my real family, I'd come back at least every two months with gifts for you, Michael and Avery. I'm not as bad as you think I am."

END OF CHAPTER SEVEN.