six.

CHAPTER SIX.
- kehlani jenner

WHAT SMELLS SO GOOD? Waking up to the smell of pancakes and fresh orange juice can't make me any more happy.

I turn on my phone and my notifications are blowing up, god knows what for but I ignore it as I'm way more interested in pancakes at this very moment in time.

As I jump out of bed, I can hear Clara on the phone to someone, she's angry and keeps on shouting down the phone.

I stand at the top of the stairs to listen to Clara without interrupting her, I can just about see her face through the gaps of the stairs.

"Kris, what do you mean 'she's my child'? You didn't give a shit about her! You wanted her to live with us and when I saw through your fake, that's when I decided Kehlani deserves better!" Clara is hot and frustrated and her face is turning red, "No! Are you insane? I'm not going to give her that letter, if you think I ever would you're out of your mind!"

Clara ends the call and slams her phone onto the table, throwing herself down and burying her head in her hands. I can hear faint crying coming from her, but I don't know what to say.

And although Clara loves me and wants me to stay with her, why won't she tell me who 'Kris' is?

Is that my real parent's name?

-

When I finally check my notifications, I've got so many messages, missed calls, Snapchat messages that need to be opened.

What's the big issue? Why are so many people trying to get hold of me at once?

I decide to ignore the calls and just open Snapchat instead for what seems like an urgent message from Alisha.

Doing what Alisha told me to do, I open up the 'Phone' app again and dial in her number quickly. I have about twelve other messages from people I haven't talked to in a long time asking me about the mail.

Alisha answers her phone almost immediately, "Kehlani! You need to get ready and come to my house now!"

"Why? Why are so many people trying to get hold of me? Are you guys pranking me or something?" I'm confused. The strange phone call from 'Kris' to Carla. everyone going on about the mail, seriously, what's going on?

"Just.. come to my house! Like... now!" Alisha demands, it must be important because I've never seen Alisha so demanding in my life.

"Okay, two minutes." I say as I end the call.

Quickly, I tie my hair up into a messy ponytail and throw on an oversized shirt and some denim shorts. I lace up my old converse that I've had for years and speed out of the door, making my way to Alisha's house.

Before I even reach her house, she's dancing and jumping up and down, screaming as she does it, holding a white letter in her right hand as she waves it in the air.

"Kehlani!" She screams, "I always knew you were related to Kylie Jenner!"

Excuse me? I'm related to the Kardashian and Jenner family?:

I don't believe her. But maybe I should. It joins the dots up, the call from Carla to 'Kris' (Jenner) and this letter that Alisha and Tawna keep trying to get hold of me so that I can read.

END OF CHAPTER SIX.