fifteen.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
- kehlani jenner

THE FIRST THING I did when I got into my bedroom was FaceTime Alisha on my iPad.

"Hey honey-bug," Alisha said cheerfully but soon noticed that I was beyond upset.

"She won't..." I started but all I could do was burst out into tears, the feeling was awful.

"What's wrong? She won't what?" Alisha asked me as she fiddled on her phone but she was still interested.

"She won't contact Kris, she can't," I sobbed.

"What? Why?" Alisha asked as I heard the dialling of her phone to make a call.

"She's working and Micheal can't because he has to look after Avery," I cried down the phone to Alisha.

"Pack your stuff babe," she said as she lifted her phone to her ear, "hello? Dominos? Yeah can I have an order to be delivered, please?"

You're the best, I mouthed Alisha as she smiled and continued the order, ordering my favourite pizza and a large bottle of coke.

"It should be here in 45 minutes, so get your stuff and come round then we can sort something out, okay?" Alisha said as she jumped onto her bed and turned on her TV.

"Thank you so much, Alisha," I said as I ended the FaceTime call.

I grabbed one of my backpacks and packed a few things I needed for the night and shoved on my old pair of Converse trainers.

Walking down the stairs, I kissed Shadow on the head and opened the front door breathing in the fresh air.

I stepped out of the door, looking at the dimmed sky that had different, beautiful colours leaking through the clouds. The bright orange, hot pink, scarlet and milky blue colours looked like ink had spilled on a blank canvas. I'm speechless.

I turned around to go and close the door to find Carla stood there, glaring at me.

"Where are you going?" She asked me, I felt threatened but at the same time, what for?

"Alisha's," I replied, taking a step away from the door.

Carla didn't say anything, she just closed the door on me.

Weird? What have I done now? No idea.

The walk to Alisha's was really relaxing, it wasn't too hot or too cold, probably the most relaxed I've been in a while.

Alisha swung open the door when I got to her house, wrapping her arms around me tightly, "you okay, boo?"

"Yeah, I'm fine now," I said as I hugged her back.

She released her grip and held the door open for me, leading me into her house and we both went up the stairs into Alisha's room, for like, the hundredth time.

The pizza was already laid down on the bed and Alisha had already put the film Divergent on her TV for us to watch, seeing as she knows it's one of my favourite.

I don't think I could have a better best friend.

I jump onto the bed and as I'm about to pick up my first slice of pizza, my phone buzzed as I get a text.

Making a Love Island inference, I shout to Alisha, "I got a text!" as I open up my phone to find a text from Carla, to which I quickly type an immediate response and we have a quick conversation.

"Alisha, look," I said as I showed her my phone.

"Weird?" Alisha replied as she took a bite out of her second piece of pizza.

END OF CHAPTER FIFTEEN.