~ Chapter Ten ~

Arthur woke up before Francis. First day back on the job so Arthur couldn't be late to work. He lazily stung his legs over the edge of the bed and gave a long stretched out yawn. He looked back at Francis, his face so peaceful and beautiful. Arthur softly stroked his cheek then his lightly stubble chin. This was the man he loved. Arthur got up and trudged across the room, getting out his work attire that hadn't seen the light of day since last term. Soon Arthur was on his way to work. The school at which he worked was at least a 20 minute walk so it wasn't worth it ever driving there, unless the weather was atrocious. The crisp morning air filled Arthur's lungs as he confidently walked down the street. Today he wouldn't worry about the events of yesterday, he had a class to teach and personal matters should never get in the way of that. Even with the mental pep talk, it was still stuck in the back of his mind.

"Okay, so today we are continuing our study of the novel "Greater Things" which I am hoping you all started reading over the holidays up to chapter 5?" The whole class groaned and some of the smarter kids in the front of the class just continued smiling. No surprises there, I mean, they were teenagers and teenagers generally didn't like reading if it meant they could do something "fun" instead. Sometimes Arthur didn't get it, he loved reading books as a child, but then again, he wasn't really exposed to the digital age. The amount of times Arthur had to confiscate phones in class was ridiculous. "If you have not read up to at least chapter 5 then you should really get a move on... For those who have read up to there, you can start writing your opinion of the character Emily." Arthur turned to the board, white board marker in hand. Arthur started mindlessly writing on the board, a little bubble for a brainstorm about the character of Emily. Class had barely started and Arthur already saw in the corner of his eye that someone had their hand up. Arthur turned, pausing in his writing. "Um mr, you've written: "Character of Alfred brainstorm"... I don't think there is a character like that in the book..." Arthur turned and saw he had indeed written Alfred. He hastily rubbed it out with his sleeve without thinking, dropping the whiteboard marker in the process as if keeping the name up there would leak his personal life to his class. "Shit..." Arthur put his hand in front of his mouth, he wasn't supposed to swear in front of his class. And usually he didn't swear at all it was just that he was a bit on edge. Forget what happened yesterday? Easier said than done. Arthur bent down to retrieve the marker and stood back up straight, straightening any crinkles in his outfit that may have formed. "Sorry about that... Right, I meant to write Emily." Arthur quickly scrawled "Emily" where Alfred's name used to be. "Okay, so I will leave this up here and those who have read up to chapter 5 can start discussing key bulletpoints about Emily. Those who haven't, you will be reading during class. Any questions?" Another hand, and it was one of those stupid kids who sit in the back and chat with friends all period. Arthur sighed, preparing himself for a stupid question that would usually get a giggle out of the class. "Yes?" The kid grinned. "Who's Alfred?" Arthur laughed nervously. Well he couldn't exactly say it was no one because then he wouldn't have written it up there in the first place. "Ah just a friend. But you should really start reading because I know for a fact that you have not even opened that book yet." A snigger sounded through the class as Arthur made his way back to his desk, pleased with himself, having distracted the class off the topic of Alfred. Soon the class had ceased all the noise except for the small whispers of the students discussing Emily, and of course the occasional loud whisper of the troublemakers talking about weekend plans or god knows what else anything but class related topics. The rest of the day continued as normal and soon Arthur was packing his things up to leave for home.

Evening events unfolded as usual. Dinner, perhaps a movie afterwards? And then usually sex. Arthur lay on the bed waiting for Francis to return from the bathroom. They have had sex a lot so why was Arthur so nervous. Arthur squirmed under the thin blanket, only wearing some shorts with underwear underneath. He lay there and closed his eyes, feeling sleep claw at him. Suddenly he felt so tired, so very tired he almost fell asleep until Francis walked back in, bringing with him a soft scent. Francis always smelled so good, especially when he was half naked. Francis crawled onto the bed causing the bed to bend and creak softly as made his way over Arthur, nibbling softly at his ears. "Ah, mon cher, my beautiful Arthur..." Arthur wriggled at the feeling of hot breath so close to his ear. "Francis..." he whispered. Francis turned Arthur so his back was lying flat on the bed before he dove for his neck, sucking sensually at the soft skin. Arthur shivered and felt his shorts tighten, heat rushing to his lower region. Francis carefully slipped down Arthur body to take Arthur pants between his teeth before looking up erotically pulling down Arthur's pants. Arthur arched his back a bit off the bed as he suddenly felt much colder. Next Francis rubbed his palm against Arthur's cock through the fabric of the underwear. "Oh god..." Arthur moaned softly, the friction feeling unbelievably good. Francis bent down to lick the fabric, dampening it with his saliva. Francis hooked his fingers under the waistband and peeled the underwear off gracefully, flinging it the side of the bed. "Mmmm, beautiful..." Arthur felt his cheeks go bright red as Francis began taking off his own pants, revealing his own rock hard cock. Arthur felt himself grow harder, the anticipation filling him with adrenaline. He needed Francis, now more than ever, especially with Alfred putting little thoughts of... doubt? into his head.