The Reconciliation-2

SPG Version of
The Reconciliation from Payb Takes 3

R sits uneasily on the couch, trying to calm his nerves.

"Maga-alas onse na ah. Di pa ba uuwi yun?" He frowns.

He stands up and walks around then sits back down, glancing at his phone time and again, waiting for M to text or call.

"Ganito pala ang feeling nang naghihintay umuwi ang asawa mo. Sorry, Menggay ko, hindi ko alam." He mutters and sighs.

He stands up again and walks to the bedroom to rearrange the flowers and love notes on the bed which he has probably done ten times already. R wrote random notes of how he feels for her on small pieces of colored paper and arranged them in a heart shape on the bed.

I miss you.

I miss sleeping next to you.

I've always loved your smile.

Your beautiful eyes captivate me.

My whole being love your whole being.

Every moment is a memory of you.

Half a day has past and I have thought of you every second. You are always on my mind.

I love you every single time in every single way.

Asawa ko... asawa ko... Paulit-ulit... Araw-araw... Hinding hindi ko pagsasawaang sabihin... Mahal kita, asawa ko.

What I would give to get a kiss from you right now.

I love you. I just do. I really do.

Those were some of the messages on the bed along with dozens more.

He then checks his phone again and feels a rock sink to the pit of his stomach when he sees she has not texted him yet.

"Ano ba, Jay? Umayos ka nga parang di mo alam ang trabaho niya. Mas matagal mo pa nga yung ginagawa. Minsan ka na lang maghihintay sa misis mo, maiinip ka pa." He tosses his phone on the bed before slumping down on the floor.

He gets up again and checks his image on the mirror. He is wearing a blue short sleeved polo and jeans. "Magbihis kaya ako? Baka naman isipin ni Menggay. Kauuwi ko lang din. Makapag-pambahay nga para malaman niyang kaninang-kanina pa ako naghihintay." He pouts.

He isn't sure exactly why he is upset or anxious. Is it because she isn't home yet? He knows why so that can't be it. Is it because the dinner he cooked has gone cold? He can always pop that in the microwave before she gets home. Is it because he feels he should take another shower to refresh himself after hours of waiting for her? Maybe.

He goes to the bathroom and takes a quick shower before changing into a white T-shirt and cotton shorts.

When he steps out into the bedroom, he realizes that's still not it.

He almost jumps when he hears his phone beef and his heart rejoices when he finally sees her name.

Ah, yes. That was it. What bothered him earlier was the feeling of being neglected, like she didn't care for him at all. Of course , he knew that wasn't true, that she may be too busy at that time but he can't help having that feeling. A single text was all he needed to reassure him that she did think about him.