A Single Name (unedited)

Victoria's Pov (Point of View)

I couldn't tell what he saw in her, she was just a human with some so called special talent. I was glad he had finally decided to strike, this way I would no longer have to serve that damn brat; truth be told I hated her but he had asked me to keep her safe until he could strike and me my obedient self did whatever he commanded.

I should have been the one within his embrace but now that he had her I felt as though I was being tossed aside. There was still hope though as he had a rather strange personality.

So here I sit outside waiting for that demon and his contract whilst she is in my rightful place.

Sebastian's Pov (Point of view)

I made my way into the shadows careful not to be seen by Victoria, my what a surprise that she would be working against Nekara; I must applaud her acting skills.

I was not here merely because I was ordered to save Nekara, I would have saved her even if my master had not ordered me to. There was just something about this girl that pulled me to her and her soul was just so tempting; it may have even rivalled my master's.

As I prowled around the ground I noticed how Victoria was the only other around here; I found it funny how she deemed herself a worthy opponent.

Then I made my strike as I came behind her and dug a knife into her back. She let out a scream but that didn't seem to stop her; she turned to me and screamed

"DIE DEMON"

"The same to you angel"

With those words stated the fight began and I could tell it would be one of great blood shed but not on my side.

Viscount Druitt's Pov (Point of view)

From afar I could hear the crashes and sounds that would be expected of a war; funny to think it was only two and angel and a demon; one that lived and craved the light and the other one that lived and craved darkness.

I felt movement beneath arms and turned my gaze towards my kitten. I thought she might have awoken but she was still asleep only stirring slightly. That was when something rather unexpected happened.

A contract symbol began to appear on her delicate hand; this was what I had been waiting for this was a sign that her knowledge was being unlocked; so she was finally of age.

What would happen was that either a mark of the light or a mark of the darkness would appear and with that her protector's name would slip in her heavenly voice. Her protector would ultimately decide what side she would be more aligned.

I waited silently watching the mark appear and disappear, it was as if the mark itself was uncertain as to what side she was aligned; then finally it was completed and one name slipped from her delicate lips ...