Blushes and Butterbeer

"You need to get laid." Ginny declared.

Hermione coughed up a portion of her butterbeer. "Ginny, lower your voice."

Hermione sat with Harry and Ginny at a booth in the Three Broomsticks. Though it was a weekend, and the place was quite full, Ginny tended to speak several decibels louder than necessary when she imbibed.

"When was the last time?"

"What exactly brought this on, Ginny?" Hermione had no desire to respond to this question, the answer being A long ass time.

"You're fidgety. And tense. And you're molesting the absolute fuck out of that butterbeer." Harry responded for his wife.

Hermione narrowed her eyes dangerously. "Et tu Harry?"

"He's not wrong, Hermione! I mean, really, you're supposed to be drinking the butterbeer. Not sucking it off."

Harry sniggered at his wife's vulgar joke.

"You both are so perfect for each other it's sickening."

"I'm just saying, no wonder your students get naughty ideas about you."

Harry and Ginny burst out laughing.

Hermione shot them a look of deepest loathing. "Har-fucking-har. You both are hysterical. No wonder Albus is such a little shit."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah we've heard this before. How does it go, Ginny?" Harry's voice sprang into a falsetto. "I simply can't believe that you two had a little terror like Albus, and Malfoy somehow spit out such a sweet kid."

Ginny laughed. "Right, because Scorpius Malfoy is the ultimate picture of innocence. A sweet baby angel sent from the heavens themselves. A gift to humanity. He only wanted to... rub off on you, Hermione."

Harry and Ginny's bark-like laughter rang through the tavern.

"Please remind me why I continue to hang out with you two." Hermione uttered, rolling her eyes. "And don't talk to me about Scorpius Malfoy. He's a nice boy, he's just got a...an overactive imagination."

"Heard about the drawing by the way," Harry deadpanned, earning a snort from Ginny.

Hermione shot him a falsely sweet face. "Did you also happen to hear that your little brat was involved in that?"

"Oh, sure. Sluggy owled us. Told us all about it. Apparently McGonagall had to call Malfoy in for a parent/teacher conference?" Harry asked completely unable to keep the amused expression off of his face.

Hermione flushed. "It was humiliating. For all parties involved. It is something we will never speak of again." She shot the couple a look of warning.

"Fair enough. So about this 'getting you laid thing'—" Ginny started.

"Oh for fuck's sake you two!"

"Language, Granger." Hermione stopped, butterbeer half-way to her mouth. She knew that voice. That dangerous, smooth voice that had called her 'Professor Granger' so sinfully. She might have thought about it in the bathtub last night.

"Malfoy! What are you doing in Hogsmeade?" Hermione blushed behind her drink.

"I had a meeting with my solicitor. Thought I'd stop by for a pint before heading back to the Manor," he regarded Granger with a bit of amusement. He rather liked the way she was blushing after having consumed a modest amount of alcohol.